• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Butt stock spacers

thefiremeister

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2009
Nevada
I am currently using a Winchester soft rubber but stock spacer to get close to the proper length of pull. This was, and isn't, my first choice but thats where I'm at right now.

I still have some bipod hop and I was wondering if and how much this butt stock spacer/recoil reducer would contribute to the coming off target after recoil.

Would a more solid spacer make a big difference?

If it shouldn't make a difference then it's back to the basics for me, again

Re: Butt stock spacers

I have found that with my winchester it helps to put a bit of forward pressure on the bi pod, bit of pre load if you will. This seems to help keep on target from shot to shot.

Re: Butt stock spacers

I know the basics. Applying them consistently is another matter.

My question is does a 1" soft rubber slip on but stock recoil reducer hinder ones ability to have the sight picture come back on target? If the fundamentals are properly applied will it matter if there is a 1" chunk of soft rubber between you and the gun?

I like having a longer length of pull for the fit but if its a detriment to consistency I'll chuck it.

Unfortunately I don't shoot well enough yet to know if its going to be a problem or not.