• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Buttigieg: Biden Will Continue to Fight Deficit by Raising Taxes.

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

On Friday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Your World,” Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said that there is more work to be done on deficit reduction, President Joe Biden will continue to work on reducing the deficit, and that’s why the President has put out a proposal to raise taxes.

After Buttigieg [relevant exchange begins around 2:20] said that Biden will “continue down the path of deficit reduction that he has achieved in his presidency,” host Neil Cavuto said, “We have more debt than we did when he assumed office. Debt has grown under this President. By the way, it’s grown under the last one, the before him, and the one before him. So, no one’s making real progress here.”

Buttigieg responded, “Right. Well, but again, more meaningful deficit reduction than we’ve seen in quite a while. Yeah, you’re right, more work to be done, which is why he put out — look, you’re never supposed to even use the t-word, tax, in an address. But he pointed out a way to do it that would not touch anybody making less than $400,000 a year, which is something that most Americans, if not most members of Congress, support.”

WHAT A FUCKING MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I’m stupid, but all I ever hear from politicians is “deficit”. Never debt. Am I just too stupid or is there not a simple solution to “deficit”? Have the government spend less than they take in with taxes and voila, deficit lowered…
Then address the debt with the extra money. I know, I’m applying logic and common sense to politicians, but damn…

We couldn't implement some common sense measures such as:
eliminate foreign aid
close down useless bureaucrat agencies such as FBI, Department of Education, Department of Housing and Urban development, ATF
phase out social security (anybody under the age of 40) won't get social security and will be required to provide their own retirement
begin producing our own resources like oil exploration, opening new nuclear reactors, encourage factories to move back to US
get rid of unions

eliminate foreign aid
close down useless bureaucrat agencies such as FBI, Department of Education, Department of Housing and Urban development, ATF
phase out social security (anybody under the age of 40) won't get social security and will be required to provide their own retirement
begin producing our own resources like oil exploration, opening new nuclear reactors, encourage factories to move back to US
get rid of unions
This is the bear pit… leave logical answers elsewhere please.

The founders did as best a job as they could based upon as much forward thinking as they could. Had they been able to see just a little farther down the road & make two minor changes we would not be in the trouble were are today.

First, the electoral vote should have been based at the states county level, not just the state where 2-3 county's control the whole state.
Second, anyone who has proven they can't control their own lives by being on any type of public assistance, should NOT be allowed to control this country's direction by voting, period.

I also realize they had no concept of modern medical ability's, so if there is ever a opportunity please vote for dismemberment tables, for those felons that are given the death penalty. Lord knows there are many deserving, that need transplants.

The founders did as best a job as they could based upon as much forward thinking as they could. Had they been able to see just a little farther down the road & make two minor changes we would not be in the trouble were are today.

First, the electoral vote should have been based at the states county level, not just the state where 2-3 county's control the whole state.
Second, anyone who has proven they can't control their own lives by being on any type of public assistance, should NOT be allowed to control this country's direction by voting, period.

I also realize they had no concept of modern medical ability's, so if there is ever a opportunity please vote for dismemberment tables, for those felons that are given the death penalty. Lord knows there are many deserving, that need transplants.
There wasn't any public assistance back then. Doubtful that anything like that would even be in existence.

Deficit reduction itself will be painful and probably make the regime in office unpopular with voters.
In the long run lets say staring off 2025 with 36 Trillion in debt how much has to be reduced before working families see relief from a weakened dollar?

The only way to reduce the deficit is to reign in and cut government spending!! Our government is also a bloated out of control employer that needs reduced and stream lined. No more foreign aid, spending large sums of money to maintain bases abroad, since we protect European countries that are supposedly our allies they should be paying us to be there. Like Trump said , NATO countries need to pay their share.
When I hear people go on about all the wonderful social programs, 32 hour work weeks, lots of vacation each year that Europeans enjoy I just want to scream . The reason they can do all that is that we've been protecting them since the end of WW2, if the NATO countries had to spend on their military to have what we provide them they wouldn't have all those wonderful programs. Our aid to help rebuild Europe after WW2 , unfair trade agreements, The US needs to stop entanglements in foreign military operations which add to our deficit. The list goes on and on.
I need more coffee.

Back in 2019, I read a meme that made a statement that I assumed was incorrect. After some light internet sleuthing, I come to see that it did appear to be 100% true. These were numbers from 2019, so they may have changed. The memewent something like this:

Politicians love to talk about taxing the wealthy; making them pay “their fair share”. If you TOOK every last cent from EVERY billionaire in the United States it would only be enough to the run the federal government, in its current state/size for approx 8 months. We aren’t talking about taxing their earnings at 100%, we are talking about TAKING everything they have, liquidating it, bankrupting back them to $0 in assets and applying it all towards the budget. We don’t have a revenue problem. We have a spending problem.

At the time when I did my research, there were approximately 550 billionaires in the US. Their combined net worth was $2.5 trillion (that’s a lot of jack).

Only 8 months folks. And that’s just towards the budget…..doesn’t even glance towards the direction of the deficit.

There is no such thing as a tax cut. When a tax is cut another is raised. The only way a tax cut is possible is by a spending cut. That will NEVER happen.

Last edited:
eliminate foreign aid
get rid of unions
They are all parasites. They will not allow themselves to "be shut down". They will consume their host..........

If I remember correctly....back during Obummers original campaign a senator (mack I think) floated the Penny Plan. Freeze spending at current levels and reduce each dollar the government can spend by .01, it was supposed to nullif the national debt it under a decade

Reactions: gigamortis
Anyone who has proven they can't control their own lives by being on any type of public assistance, should NOT be allowed to control this country's direction by voting, period.
During the founder's time voting was limited to landowners, ie people who were working.
The language is there, we just need someone with stones to enforce it.

And who will end up paying all those extra taxes for the rich folk?
I also don't understand why when Brandon whispers "pay your fair share" no one responds with "you mean like your son?"
I wish I could spit in his face. Maybe if his body lays in state

End all entitlement programs and taxes drop 66%. End useless federal agencies and it keeps going down.
Why are drugs illegal other than to keep law enforcement and prison guards employed? Shouldn't it have been a lesson learned with the Volstead act? Banning things has never, and can never work. If a demand is there a supply will be found, and bring an underground economy with it.

Never would be here if women didn’t vote

Like the founders made the law. Also had to own property.

Now all losers here will
Come out the woodwork

FB_IMG_1705190087414.jpg

I would imagine if you were a gay politician with the name of Buttgag your mind might not be all that stable from years of the other people pointing and laughing at you.

Unstable thought process.......justified.

Abolish the federal gov, default on the debt, fuck paying anything back to the blood soaked monsters who issued it

A boy can dream, can’t he?