• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing buttstock question

Re: buttstock question

I'm not sure whether it will fit an AR-30, but I haven't heard much good about those stocks, I went with a PRS and was very happy with it,

Steve

Personally, I haven't seen anything from CAA that I'd want to bet my life on - that stock included. It seems like all you hear about CAA products are negative experiences that people have had. Usually the story involves the part breaking/failing when it is urgently needed.

Judging by the pictures of the butstock and an AR30, I doubt it. Looks like the stock on the AR30 is solid one piece all the way back and at the very least doesn't have a similar connection point like an AR platform.

Yeah. Thats kinda what I figured. I wish there was a easier way to install an "adjustable" buttstock on the ar-30.

Looking closer at the AR30, it lookes like the butstock on the rifle unbolts with two recessed alan key bolts. The butstock that our interested in may have an addapter to make it fit. I'd call the manufacture of the butstock and ask. I don't think I'd call the place that sells them for that answer.