• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Buy a few bags or an arca rail with one?

Northtogladwin

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2020
Ive seen some people run a stage with 3 or 4 bags and also seen the same stage ran with one. I currently don't have any. Is it worth getting a few different bags or using an arca rail with a bag on it?

Side note, why run a spigot mount with an arca rail when you can run a longer arca rail?

Practiced today with my new Gray Ops mini plate pro and the Armageddon gear pad. Works great some stages with tight quarters. I run a Wiebad mini fortune cookie for other stages. A Fat Ass bag from Armageddon Gear is also very helpful. Try some different bags at a match before you decide.

Reactions: Northtogladwin
I like the shmedium +1 from VP precision, as well as my gray ops plate/ag bag combo. Run the plate bag when Tripod is use for rear support, and the shmedium +1 when rocking solo bag. Ive take some the sand fill out of both my bags as I like the a lil more pliable and conforming to props.

The shmedium plus 1 is a preorder thing. Took 2.5 weeks to get mine.
What’s the difference in the Shemedium vs Shemedium +1?

JC steel website lists the exact same dimensions for the Shemedium +1, as AG list for the Shemedium.

FF4C3032-7606-488B-B052-A39A390298C7.jpeg
B785766D-6AB0-4966-9A72-91974584D9B4.jpeg

Keep things simple.

Some of the biggest mistakes that I've witnessed when shooting matches is seeing people trying to use too much equipment on a stage. You will probably notice that the best of the best shooters keep things really simple when shooting a stage, and don't clutter their stage management with more equipment than necessary.

You can do A LOT in matches with a simple barricade bag. I use a small Wiebad Fortune Cookie, though there are lots of options out now that will do the job. A small to medium (or 'Schmedium') barricade bag is incredibly useful. About ~90% the stability of the larger barricade bags but at a reduced weight and footprint, with the ability to be used on most any prop.

IMO, get one barricade bag and get really good with it. Keep things simple.

Buy a good bag and learn to shoot off of it. It's hard to go wrong with a waxed canvas shmedium game changer. There's no reasons to complicate it with a bunch of support bags. A gamechanger, a smaller rear bag, and maybe a pillow is all you should really need. If you've got nylon gear problems and love to burn money, by all means buy them all, but you don't need a dozen bags to go hit targets.

What’s the difference in the Shemedium vs Shemedium +1?

JC steel website lists the exact same dimensions for the Shemedium +1, as AG list for the Shemedium.

View attachment 8148173View attachment 8148174

I noticed that too... the listed Plus One dimensions are wrong. The Plus One is 9" x 6" x 6".

The weight difference is right though... the Plus One is ~11lbs versus ~8.5lbs for the Shmedium.

Reactions: Hickswr
One bag and done. I like a pint sized gamechanger, I use it a ton as a rear bag shooting prone and hasn't hindered me in any other position yet. I recently picked up a Recon Micro and rail base from Precision underground. I haven't used it yet but seems like it's going to be pretty sweet.

I noticed that too... the listed Plus One dimensions are wrong. The Plus One is 9" x 6" x 6".

The weight difference is right though... the Plus One is ~11lbs versus ~8.5lbs for the Shmedium.
Can you drop a link? To buy or pre order

I like the shmedium +1 from VP precision, as well as my gray ops plate/ag bag combo. Run the plate bag when Tripod is use for rear support, and the shmedium +1 when rocking solo bag. Ive take some the sand fill out of both my bags as I like the a lil more pliable and conforming to props.
You by chance have a link

After trying out a few different things (and I am still very new to all of this) I have settled on the Black Branch Shooting Sports Gecko II for a barricade bag and the Black Branch Shooting Sports Rear Bag Charlie as a rear bag. Both have the standard fill.

The sticky material on both helps in both contexts of Barricade Bag and Rear Bag

-Stan

My schmedium with heavy fill came and it was 10.5 lbs. I dumped 3 lbs of sand after I got it

Support bags are like holsters. You really don’t know what works for you until you try one. Then you buy one and it works pretty good, but another one looks like it may work better. Then you buy it and maybe it is better. Maybe it’s better at one thing. Then you see another one. Then you have a closet full of holsters and support bags, and your wife is all “wtf?”

The Wiebad pump pillow is great for what it is- though its greatest usage is as an actual pillow for the post match road trip. The fortune cookie is also great, though it can be a bit large in some ports. I’m really digging my sticky waxed sand filled pint size game changer right now. I like the size better than the FC. And, that is before getting in to purpose built rear bags.

I can generally handle a rifle and 2 bags, assuming one bag is the pump pillow and I have it bungeed to my belt.

I get the desire of having the bag fixed to the rail, but I prefer the flexibility of a separate bag.

The above notwithstanding, I haven’t shot a match in a couple of years, and was a solid mid-pack shooter then.

• Haha
Reactions: TheOfficeT-Rex