• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

buy in volume and save i guess

Re: buy in volume and save i guess

Holy shit, that's a markup.

A huge markup, but sadly it is not the least bit surprising.

Nice. I wish I could snag a sopmod stock for 13 dollars...

oh well.

That would put the cost to produce well under $10.

I am glad to read that there some people in the Gov't thinking about saving money instead of wasting it.

And this my friends is why MAP pricing is a crock of shit .

Spin a good story about how kick ass your product is , how the knock-offs suck even though they are made by the same company that makes yours , and then keep the price artificially high by not allowing free market competition .

the part i found interesting was the LMT claim of all others being counterfeit

LMT claims to be "the sole provider of the SOPMOD Buttstock to the US Special Ops Command, US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Marine Corps and other government agencies and bureaus." That claim appears to be no longer true. They also claim, on their homepage, that non-LMT SOPMOD stocks are counterfeit. LMT did not design the SOPMOD stock, they licensed it for commercial production from the Navy (Crane). Any SOPMOD stock produced to the mil spec, under license from the government, is very much legitimate.

Apparently surplus B5 stocks can be found for about $68 retail, which is a lot more expensive than what the government is paying (go ahead and buy 25,000 and you will also get a discount), but a fraction of the cost of a "genuine" LMT stock.