• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Buy or build up a AR10T?

dannyh

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2006
Dunlap,TN
I need advice. I had wanted off and on for a long time a AR10T and talked myself out of one a few times over the years due to owning bolt guns. I wanted a ar10t od 24". Now it looks like not only they gotten higher but no longer make 24" and only a 20". I can see a 20" with a supressor and easier to manuever with but always like the 24" myself. I'm not sure if I would supress one or not so a 20" is questionable. Should I buy a used or new ar10t 24" or build one up? Or would i come out better on a kit or buy a upper and build the lower up disadvantage is not having ar10t markings and not sure if a kit built one will be as tight fit and accurate as a factory fitted one? I would think a kit can be built as good as a factory one depending who does the work. Its also easier to afford getting started just not a true ar10t. I am wanting to trade my ps90 od tr for one if possible or sell it to fund one.