• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Buyer Beware, Night Vison Inc. and USPS! ###UPDATE###

ST42

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
WA
All,
I am posting this up for my fellow brothers to be used as a tool when you decide to make your Night Vision purchase, and when you do, what to watch out for with regards to shipping. My intention is not be be some internet troll with a vendetta, but to just share what happened to me with this company and the USPS. Search my post histories on ARFCOM, Sniper's Hide, RimFire Forum, and Accurate Shooter Forum. You will see that I have never made a post like this in the entire history of my participation on these forums. I have been on these forms for over 10 years. My feedback is impeccable on all of these forums, and I have Never screwed anyone. I wish I could say the same with regards to Night Vision, Inc. and the United states Postal Service.

On 06 July, 2020 after communications with Paulo at Night Vision Inc, ( NVI) I purchased a RNVG Housing for a build. I had a set of ANVIS -9 Objective lenses that I purchased from Mod Armory and a couple of Photonis 2200 FOM WP MX-10160's. I sent the lenses and the tubes off to NVI for the build.
On 08 July, 2020 I decided that I'd spend the extra cash and upgrade the RNVG build from PVS14 oculars to The Photonis Ether ocular lenses, so I made another purchase that totaled almost $1400.00 for these lenses. When you order from NVI there is a "Note" box that you can put additional information about the purchase. I used that box and submitted the following information, " Please Do Not ship these Lenses. These lenses will be used in my ANVIS/RNVG Build. Please contact Paulo for further details. Thank you." Paulo is Mr. Paulo Sziraki, Director of Social Media & Marketing, NVI. Paulo was originally my source of contact with NVI. I placed my order with NVI after discussing it with Paulo. Paulo was made aware of my change from PVS-14 oculars, to the ETHER oculars.

I decided to make an account with NVI, much like I would do with any merchant for ease in purchasing and check out. With the account, you can see a list of your orders and its status. As time passed by, I would login to my account to check the status of my build. Under each of the two invoices it would state the the order was "Processing".

On 21 September, 2020 it looked as though I was about to loose my income and be placed on furlough at work. I contacted NVI, and asked them to send my two orders to me as I would be abandoning my build. Paulo informed me that it was not an issue, but I would need to pay an additional $300.00 for the assembly of the RNVG. I paid it. I get it, they worked on it, and need to be paid for that labor.
On 24 September, 2020 I inquired about the shipping of my items.
On 29 September, 2020 Paulo informed me that the items would be shipped the next day, 30 September, 2020.
The next day I logged into my account to check on the status of my orders. It showed "Complete".

On 03 October, 2020 my package arrived from NVI. I brought the package into the house, opened it to find that my order for the ETHER Ocular lenses were Not included in the shipment.
I Immediately sent an email to Paulo to inquire about the missing lenses. After numerous email exchanges, NVI claimed that they sent the lenses. So here is the kicker. They did in fact send those lenses to me. Just not with my RNVG housing. It turns out that the ETHER lenses were shipped to me back in August.
They were sent to me by NVI on 10 August, 2020 with a delivery date of 13 August, 2020. They sent the lenses to me without any notification. Every time I would check the status of my orders, it would say "Processing". I had No idea that they had sent me the order.
To make matters worse, the mail carrier who brought the order to our house, must have signed for it and just left it for porch piracy. It was Not signed for by me, or any of my family. I happened to be in Texas on the day they were delivered, and no package was collected by my wife or kids.

Since NVI shipped the lenses to me in August, and due to the fact that this was Not discovered until mid October, (It took a while to get a tracking number, which NVI never gave me. I had to get it from PayPal. It also took time to follow up with NVI, and my local PO.) I missed the 60 day window to file a claim with the USPS. That's right. I got FUCKED for basically $1400.00. NVI has refused to refund me or to provide me with my purchased lenses. The USPS said sorry chump, outside the 60 days.

I have submitted documentation to NVI showing that I did not sign for the order. That I was in Texas at the time the order was delivered. A copy of the Filed police report for the theft of the order. I have been told by Both Mr. Paulo Sziraki , and Mr Glynn Sziraki, the President of NVI that I am SOL. Yes, That means SHIT OUT OF LUCK.

So the moral of this story, Stay away from NVI. Their incompetence in order quality control, lack of communications, the inability to actually speak with them on the phone, is definitely a three strike experience for me. I'm not sure how to handle the USPS with carriers just signing for packages and leaving them for theft.
I know that a lot of members here have had business dealings with NVI. I actually searched this forum and the Night Vision thread on the ARFCOM to research NVI before my order. Everything seemed to be GTG, however it wasn't for me and now this thread is here for your search.

Last edited:
Wow, I know it's a bitch but you need to go to the main station in your area and speak to the Post Master.
Put your story on paper, about the ONLY thing you have is a carrier not following procedures

Hey brother sorry to hear this. I know your getting a Raptar?! Anyway, hmu brother you’re unlock is free, just pay insured shipping both ways. Unlike NVI, Elite Unlocked Aiming Solutions cares about customers/ friends and will strive to find whatever it is your heart desires (Nightvision/ thermal related ofcourse) and while I’m not big enough to offer warranties I can broker the right deals with people who will always take care of you, the end customer.

Thanks for sharing this story; I sourced the tubes for your build and I’m sorry to hear this happened to ya. Your not out $1400 though, I gotcha covered brother!
Regards
Felipe Bastos
Elite Unlocked Aiming Solutions
[email protected]
When i get back in to the NVG game you just earned my business for helping this guy out.

I would say NVI was obligated to furnish you a tracking number such that you could track what you paid for. You lost your claim rights with USPS solely because NVI failed to provide you with a tracking number. Had they done that they would not be liable.

I'd be pissed too.

Also, I would think there is likely some violation of a Federal Regulation (being they got so damn many) when someone falsely signs your name, if that is what was done. In my book ,that bees FORGERY. Maybe pursue that angle with the Post Master.

Last edited:
Well this sucks to hear. I bought my anvis from NVI last black friday. I sent my anvis to get swapped into RNVGs. I’ll make sure to keep a close eye on this. I had a buddy order DTNVGs through NVI as well with no issues.

It really sucks to hear about your issue.

Why anyone would ship anything worth more than $100 with the USPS is a mystery I’ll never understand.

Always pony up for at least 2-day air with full insurance via UPS or FedEx. My hard-and-fast rule is: Anything over $3K value always gets Next Day Insured. Always.

Why anyone would ship anything worth more than $100 with the USPS is a mystery I’ll never understand.

Always pony up for at least 2-day air with full insurance via UPS or FedEx. My hard-and-fast rule is: Anything over $3K value always gets Next Day Insured. Always.

Lol I hear they give you the run around on insurance worse than anyone

USPS registered is the way to go for NV, thermal and machine guns.

Dang. Thats horrible, this covid sucks and is causing all kinds of problems. I had a bad experience with a vendor here recently and it took longer then I hoped but I got my money back. I had to beat my insurance guy up to get a bill for my boat policy, 5mo after they send the binder for coverage i got my first bill.

I truly hope this works out for you.

Reactions: silentwoods
Sorry to hear that. My USPS local postal carrier (I'm way out in the country) signed "COVID-19" for my delivery of my $5K Pulsar Thermion...and proceeded to stick it in the wrong mailbox (it was a large mailbox).

After two hours of crapping my pants I started checking due to looking where it was signed for on the map. I found it...and got a PO box that day. In May, FedEx let some random dude sign for my $1K scope order because he told the driver he knew me...I obviously never saw it and had to dispute the charges. Since the vendor didn't respond to me for two weeks I didn't feel bad about doing it either.

So to be clear the sender is always 100percent responsible for a package until it has been signed for or dropped off. In covid days I am noticing that usps, fed ex and usps are dropping off packages and signing them themselves.

Why use Usps? Cheapest prices. I just never ever insure anything. I look at it like this. If you ship enough stuff you will eventually break even with the cost to refund a lost package. I’ve sent hundreds of packages and knock on wood, never one lost, so ive more than broken even on a lost package by not insuring by now. Also, I hear it’s a nightmare to deal with filing a claim. Lastly, lost packages are rare, when they happen it’s typically due to improper labelling, so I double label expensive packages.

Felipe, good stuff man, you’re a stand up guy!!!

He gives a hell of a backrub, too!

For OP, I have a good friend who is a postmaster at a PO in a 100K city. If you’d like, I can run this by him and see what he recommends.
OP,

I'm married to a Postmaster. If you like, pm me some particulars aside from your post, I'll ask her.

She's one that takes pride in her job and office.

I detest USPS.
It’s what hiring by quotas gets you. Combine that with not being able to fire because of bad performance and you get what you get. This is worse with government agencies but is becoming the norm with any larger corporation as well.

I have sent many packages with USPS and they have delivered on their end. I really like the ladies at my local post office.

Reactions: deersniper
Hey brother sorry to hear this. I know your getting a Raptar?! Anyway, hmu brother you’re unlock is free, just pay insured shipping both ways. Unlike NVI, Elite Unlocked Aiming Solutions cares about customers/ friends and will strive to find whatever it is your heart desires (Nightvision/ thermal related ofcourse) and while I’m not big enough to offer warranties I can broker the right deals with people who will always take care of you, the end customer.

Thanks for sharing this story; I sourced the tubes for your build and I’m sorry to hear this happened to ya. Your not out $1400 though, I gotcha covered brother!
Regards
Felipe Bastos
Elite Unlocked Aiming Solutions
[email protected]
Very nice!!! We will be doing some business

Lol I hear they give you the run around on insurance worse than anyone

USPS registered is the way to go for NV, thermal and machine guns.
+1 on the USPS registered.

I use priority mail on nearly everything else.

Carriers shouldn't be allowed to sign for things, UNLESS the customer requests it.

Where we live ours knows us and where to hide packages so some jack wagon can't steal my shit.

Reactions: deersniper
I've never had any issues with USPS.

I have had only two issues with UPS, both resolved easily.

Now FedEx........

Wow, what a train wreck. At least in my area.
My last bad experience with USPS was that I shipped a Vudoo 22 barreled action for a tiny bit of work to Keystone. USPS lost it, then it arrived, beat to shit, in Pennsylvania, but never showed delivered in their system. When I filed a claim I was told that I had shipped something illegal, that I could only ship a rifle. When I explained that it was a rifle, was considered one by the ATF and was transferred to me as one, they told me I was lucky I wasn't charged.

Reactions: silentwoods
FWIW, Night Vision Inc has treated me very well when I have used them. Nice people to me.

Fwiw I had an issue with the post office that "delivered" a package that I never actually received. I filed the online application thing, received a denial notice in the mail and said the rebuttal had to be in written format. I typed up a response explaining how their actions are the literal definition of fraud, waste, and abuse and that this falls into legitimate IG territory. I then received a response letter saying my claim was approved and a refund for the amount (I had to provide my receipt as "evidence").

I'm not suggesting you be a Karen about it, but if you ARE in the right there are recourses you have. Ultimately though it's not on you, I would simply try to do a charge back because you never actually received what you paid for. After my fiasco I learned that many companies will put the onus on the customer if the product is never received by the customer. That's not true, it is the sellers responsibility to ensure there product makes it safely, that includes proper insurance and tracking. If they were not provided because they are too cheap, then you should easily be able to do a charge back.

Why does anyone ship something valuable with the Post Office? UPS Blue is the baseline standard if you truly value what's being shipped. The USPS is the package gulag.

Reactions: CBDR
My last bad experience with USPS was that I shipped a Vudoo 22 barreled action for a tiny bit of work to Keystone. USPS lost it, then it arrived, beat to shit, in Pennsylvania, but never showed delivered in their system. When I filed a claim I was told that I had shipped something illegal, that I could only ship a rifle. When I explained that it was a rifle, was considered one by the ATF and was transferred to me as one, they told me I was lucky I wasn't charged.
I ship everything gun related with a local UPS hub. They're much easier to deal with regulations-wise compared to USPS.

I had a similar issue as yours with FedEx a few years ago.

Basically, box did arrive...with a large fist sized hole and a lot of missing contents, so I filed an insurance claim.
They wanted the box and contents back, as I was watching the tracking it was on an infinite loop throughout conus.

I finally got a responsible human on the phone, explained what was happening and he got it intercepted.

Ultimately I got a check , but man was that a frustrating experience.

UPS, Atlanta hub had a case of Ss192 FN ammo just go poof one day. Luckily the seller handled it, sent me another case and he dealt with the insurance.

Probably not good that the 2000 round FN ammo 5.7 cases are clearly labeled at a time when that ammo happened to be vaporware. 😒

Usps has my 500 projectiles lost somewhere. Why midway used those assholes is beyond me. Midway is about to get a call about my unobtanium , guarantee not to replace but refund me..... on something i can no longer get... great 😒

Use a good credit card like American Express or Visa Infinite. I've had great luck filing claims, and Amex's insurance is tied into the parent company. So, claims are all in house, which really helps.

Use a good credit card like American Express or Visa Infinite. I've had great luck filing claims, and Amex's insurance is tied into the parent company. So, claims are all in house, which really helps.

+1 to this, it is night and day easier to handle something like this when put on a CC instead of running a direct debit purchase, quite a bit more consumer protections.

I just had my DBAL a3 come fedex from B&h it was a 2 day shipping that had to be signed for. Fedex guy just left it at the door

Reactions: 7WSMShooter
My NVI order just showed up. I made the payment Saturday and received it today. I sent my ANVIS in to have the left tube warrantied for an emission point. Then had them swap it all over to an RNVG housing.

It took just a little over a month turnaround from when I shipped, to warranty, swap and received back. I will say there must’ve been some communication mixup because I wanted the ANVIS housing back and it was not with my new RNVG.

They didn’t ask for the battery pack or the mount, so I can’t imagine they considered it as credit towards the swap. At this point, I don’t care. I’m much happier with an actual ground use rated housing.

Damn, that is some lame ass shit all the way around ST!! Sounds like you got it from both of them- I know your a stand up dude in my book, you treated me great on our transaction!!
Eliteuas, very cool.

This is a prime example of a company who just doesn't care about customer service, and in contrast, of a company who will go "way beyond" what anyone would have imagined. Both NVI and the USPS should be ashamed of themselves and at least taken some responsibility. The actions of each speak volumes. On the other hand, Elite Unlocked Aiming Solutions should be commended for what they are doing, which is beyond customer service. For $1400, one company gambled on keeping their customer base, whereas the other invested $1400 in customer service. The latter is so much more smarter. Customer service is everything!

Usps has my 500 projectiles lost somewhere. Why midway used those assholes is beyond me. Midway is about to get a call about my unobtanium , guarantee not to replace but refund me..... on something i can no longer get... great 😒

You have to change it if you order online or it defaults to usps if I remember correctly. And fuck usps.

Reactions: Jgunner
+1 to this, it is night and day easier to handle something like this when put on a CC instead of running a direct debit purchase, quite a bit more consumer protections.
This. That's what some of the % fee using a CC includes.

This thread makes me feel both better, and worse.

Better because it means my luck with shipping is on par with everyone else.

Worse because it means both .gov AND business suck at keeping their arms around ensuring their employees are following policy. As we all know, policy without enforcement / improvement feedback loop, is utterly worthless.

I just got a new UPS driver...and he's killing it. I'm sure he'll get transferred to another route soon. :LOL:

Recently, after waiting for 30 min in a local Post Office line to pick up my "undeliverable" package (subsequently labeled as "requires pickup"), I asked the teller, "just curious, why couldn't this be delivered?" She stated, "we have so many packages to deliver, and we get dinged if we take too long, so we have to do something to stop the clock."

I was speechless.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Flywheel
To the OP, you might want to try and find that signature. You might be surprised. Maybe the delivery driver actually signed it. I’ve had that happen a couple times when they couldn’t get anybody to come to the door at the Sheriffs office. I work out of a satellite office and there is only a couple of employees there of Friday’s. So if nobody comes to the door, they just leave the package at the door. The temp drivers have actually attempted to forge my name like it was me signing it just so they wouldn’t have to re-deliver it.
anyway, just a thought.

Was the package sent to you signature required? If not, then your beef is not with the USPS. They are fully authorized to release a package without signature if the shipper has not paid for signature service.

Now if a signature was required, you need to report the fraud or theft, as the case may be, to the postal inspector (https://www.uspis.gov/report/).

Currently, the USPS COVID-19 protocol for "signature tracking" parcels is that such packages are to be signed for by the carrier in the presence of a qualified signature authority at the delivery address.

The postal scanner (called an "MDD"...short for Mobile Delivery Device) has three fields to be completed when a signature is required. In the first field (the signature field), the carrier is now (in COVID times) to print the carrier's name with the route number and "C19". In the second field, the carrier is to print the name of the person accepting the package. In the third field, the carrier is supposed to document the actual delivery address.

Note that the MDD scanners are GPS equipped so they would be able to tell where the carrier was and how long he/she was there.

So what you should be able to glean is where the carrier delivered and who exactly they claim was present for the carrier's signature confirmation. If they've put your name down in the second field and you document that you weren't there, that carrier is in some deep shit.

You probably have some low level supervisor at your local office that you've been dealing with and they are reading you the company line to avoid dealing with this. I would demand to know the information from the scanner. Also let them know you have filed a mail fraud claim with the postal inspector.

Last edited:
All,

So here is an update on the lying mother f’ers at Night Vision Inc.!

Firstly, thanks to the many guys who took the time to give me insight on the claim system with the USPS, I pursued my claim for my stolen Ether lenses.
The First claim that I filed was immediately denied due to the time frame of the claim, and the fact that the USPS information shows that the package was delivered to me. I submitted an appeal, and today when I went the the mail box I was surprised to find two letters from the USPS that arrived yesterday. I have redacted the private information, but read the letter carefully. The reason that Night Vision Inc. wouldn't file a claim for these items, and the reason that I will not see my cash is.........

THAT DIDN"T F‘ING INSURE MY ORDER!!!!!!!

Both Paulo Sziraki, Director Social Media & Marketing. Night Vision Inc. and Glynn Sziraki, President, Night Vision, Inc. Are F’ing liars and thieves
. I was told that the package was insured. I was told to basically fuck off. I would encourage everyone of you to stay as far away from this business as you possibly can. All these two FUCKERS had to do is drop the coin for insurance on my order and I'd been covered. But they nickel and dimed it to save the fucking little bit of cash that it would have cost to buy the insurance.

F&^* NIGHT VISION INC!

fFSwYT1.jpg

YxRXXIN.jpg

*edited the language. Not proud of using it, my apologies.

Last edited:
Wow that's pretty shitty. Have they even chimed in or given their side of the story? Maybe they genuinely made a mistake or something?

I ship some products through USPS. The insured amount is odd to me. They have a default insured value of $50, anything beyond that has a charge. It’s odd to me that the company would put a few cents of insurance on your package. It’s possible that they typo’ed the insured value or something, not necessarily an intentional cost saving measure. That also isn’t that much money value to lose on an item from a business perspective. If you’re kind to them they might cover it. I would avoid coming off in an aggressive tone on this one, this looks weird to me like a simple mistake.

Yes. Default $50 in insurance and the $7.80 NVI paid for shipping. Its a long read, but read the entire post. I have been nothing but professional with those two Fucks. I was told that my order was insured, but they do not have time to pursue a claim. I was told to not waste my time by filing a claim. They are buddy fuckers, plain and simple.

Reactions: mikefraz
Ahh gotcha. Well you have it in writing that they insured it right? And that was part of your order, to insure it? Might be a straightforward small claims process if needed, at least that nudge might push them to settle with you.

Reactions: mikefraz
I'm guessing according to some folks, "Insured" is not the same as "Insured for full value".
Most reasonable folks assume that insured always means insured for full value, but I guess not when people are cheapskates.

Man it seems like the night vision game is a real shady business and there’s only a few people that you can trust out there......

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 12.51.03 AM.png

The OP signed for and it was delivered as per USPS tracking

We have been in business since 1996 and incorporated since 2010 as Night Vision Inc. We treat customers with respect and strive for customer satisfaction. There is a lot more to this story, we are not going to get into a he said she said on a public forum. The OP sent some parts from various vendors into us, waffled back and forth, wanted to cancel build, then wanted build done, ended up his tubes were bad from another vendor and we sent tubes back. His Ethers got shipped to him prior to the housings and objectives, postal records show that they were signed for and delivered.

Thats about it.

Sincerely

Glynn Sziraki
Night Vision Inc