• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Buying a new stock

ryaninutah

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2011
Utah
I'm a little confused about something. If I have a Remington 700, short action, can I buy any aftermarket stock that's made for Reminton 700 short actions? Or is the version of the 700 also important (ie. ADL, BDL, CDL, XDL, and so forth)

Re: Buying a new stock

As long as it is for Remington 700 SA you're good to go. I mean, Obviously you wanna get "BDL" OR "ADL"(Which refers to the magazine, ADL being internal and BDL has a hinged floor plate) if thats what you have. CDL and XDL just refer to the models.

Yep, Rem 700 SA is all you need. Then figure out your bottom metal

a 700 short action is a 700 short action, adl is blind box mag or top load , bdl is hindged floor plate. most aftermarket stocks are bdl or inletted for a bottom metal/ magazine system like surgeon or badger or others

Thanks everyone. Just purchased a Choate stock I'm pretty excited about. Thanks for the help.