• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

buying a used barrel

customgun1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2011
arkansas
I see used barrels in the forsale section all the time with prices of 250-350...my question is why would anyone by a used barrel for what a new one cost...most likely the head space and everything will have to be redone anyway...why would one not just by a new barrel and be done with it? is their something I am missing...

Re: buying a used barrel

ive done 7 builds and only once did I have to wait on a barrel, there has started to be a lot more places stocking them and its pretty common to find new barrels in the forsale section..<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RenoH414</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder the same thing. Wait time is all I can think of.

Reno</div></div>

Sorry, unless it's a steal I won't. I've been burned, and after you spend good money to chamber it and it won't shoot, I'm pissed. Good luck.

I guess people just think "ah, I can just take my barrel off and put this one on"..and most likely head space and everything will be off...not to mention I just soon know I did barrel breakin correctly