• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Buying Ammo online.

ms6852

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2008
San Antonio Texas
I have never purchased ammo on line and would like to buy certain brands that have been recommended such as SK and Lapua and PMC. Is there any extra fee that is paid for transporting ammo to my house by UPS or FED EX. Do I need to get permission etc.

Re: Buying Ammo online.

No permit needed, just pull out your Visa card and start shopping. I've not bought ammo in any other way than online for the past five years.

Try Widners for SK Jadg and Wolf. I've been very pleased with them. I do live closer than you but they have been good to go by me. Donald

Just about all the places will want a copy of your drivers license and a signed statement that you are not prohibited from buying or owning ammo. Some companies will send or fax you a boiler form for this purpose. I have made a couple extra copies of my DL just for this purpose. Once on file with a certain company, your info is usually good for about one year of ordering from them. Other than that, good luck finding what you want in stock right now.

many places also just do UPS adult (21 older) sig required. Instead of DL's etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFK52</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just about all the places will want a copy of your drivers license and a signed statement that you are not prohibited from buying or owning ammo.</div></div>

In many (MANY!!) years of buying ammo online, I have never, not ONCE, been asked for a copy of my drivers license nor had to sign for the ammo when UPS brought it to the door. This has been the case in my situation while living in FL, GA, NC, and CO.

i've bought tons of ammo online and never been asked for a drivers license either...that sounds weird to me

IDENTITY THEFT!!! I would much prefer having to do adult signature required vs. Sending a copy of my DL so some place. That with a credit card number and they own your ass.

Only ammo related places I know of that require a copy of your DL is the companies that sell black powder, and they are shipping it to you personally, or your place of business. Places like Powder Inc., Track of the Wolf, and so forth.

In my opinion, dealing with the established suppliers who have been around for quite sometime seems safe enough to me to deal with.

From what I know of my ammo orders delivered by UPS, they do require a signiture for ammo (or powder) delivered to your door, or place of business. I would think that would be a UPS nation wide requirement, not an individual State requirement. It's required here I know that.

We have ordered Ammo, Powder and bullets over the years. all has been delivered by UPS from different vendors and have never had to supply a license or sign anything upon delivery.

I would like to be able to buy what ever I needed on line. The only problem I and others face is that we live in MASS. and the laws are very over bearing. Most places won't even take an order from us. So enjoy what you have, everyday someone is trying to impose another law up here.

Just a heads up i know that when i ordered HSM rounds from SniperCentral they asked for a copy of my drivers license

Thanks for the heads up guys, great tips given by all. Am ready with copies and birth certificates of kids if necessary.

Does anyone know if any retailers are expected to restock Wolf .22 ammo?

I would think pretty much all would be expecting to restock the Wolf .22 ammo. It's pretty popular. Over on Midway USA, if you click on the Wolf .22 ammo (the one you're wanting) regardless if they are out of it - they will have an expected arrival date for new stock coming in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shqipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if any retailers are expected to restock Wolf .22 ammo? </div></div>

There's a handful that currently have it IN-STOCK, no need to wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a heads up i know that when i ordered HSM rounds from SniperCentral they asked for a copy of my drivers license </div></div>

I registered, paid the fee to be on their program, and asked for a quote on a scope they sell. that was 14 months ago. I'm still waiting....

I think I'll take a pass on ordering ammo from them.

with SniperCentral i got my order placed and the ammo was shipped within 2 days. No problem with Sniper Central as far as shipping anything to me. Sorry to hear that about your scope, what kind of scope is it that has taken 14 months and have you contacted them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">with SniperCentral i got my order placed and the ammo was shipped within 2 days. No problem with Sniper Central as far as shipping anything to me. Sorry to hear that about your scope, what kind of scope is it that has taken 14 months and have you contacted them? </div></div>

I've long since bought another scope. In the age of internet, if I don't hear back in 48 hours, I've long since moved on.

Same experience here - been ordering ammo for years no license needed.
I wonder if some of us old timers have been grandfathered. Been buying ammo from Natchez and Midway for over 10 years - closer to 20 years for Natchez.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogbone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have ordered Ammo, Powder and bullets over the years. all has been delivered by UPS from different vendors and have never had to supply a license or sign anything upon delivery. </div></div>

I just purchased from a dealer in Washington state who asked for the DL and statement of eligibility. Others have it automated on line where you check you are 18 or over and not prohibited from buying ammo and still others have never asked me for a thing to include Natchez, Mid Way, Cabelas, Midsouth etc. It is very confusing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hatidua</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
There's a handful that currently have it IN-STOCK, no need to wait. </div></div>

Could you post or PM me some of these retailers? I have not been able to find any. Edited to add: I am looking for Match Target.

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shqipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Could you post or PM me some of these retailers? I have not been able to find any. Edited to add: I am looking for Match Target.

Thanks. </div></div>

I just bought some from Champion Shooters' Supply. All orders I've made with them have been shipped within a few days. They currently have Match Extra and Match Target in stock.

http://www.championshooters.com/store/home.php?cat=316

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeeGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shqipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Thanks. </div></div>

I just bought some from Champion Shooters' Supply. All orders I've made with them have been shipped within a few days. They currently have Match Extra and Match Target in stock.

http://www.championshooters.com/store/home.php?cat=316
</div></div>

They have been the best to deal with in my opinion
Bill

This link finds ammo deals from many spots on the web and compares the prices including shipping. It then breaks down the price "by the round".

Choose your caliber, put in your zip code and it figures out everything else. It shows that as of 9 days ago J&G had Wolf Match Target .22 .40 gr LR in stock.

http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=.22+LR