• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Buying CZ rifles online

cetanorak

Private
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2017
What are some reputable online dealers that you all have purchased CZ rifles from? There seem to be some fraudulent CZ "stores" that have every rifle in stock at any given time.

Are there any online stores stocking 457 models right now?

Thank you so much!

Is there any concern of people who didn't win the "CZ barrel lottery" off-loading rifles that just aren't quite accurate? I guess that there is always that inherent risk when trying to save money....or when trying to simply FIND a rifle in this dry market.

Is there any concern of people who didn't win the "CZ barrel lottery" off-loading rifles that just aren't quite accurate?

You can always re-barrel the rifle...........................:rolleyes:

Is there any concern of people who didn't win the "CZ barrel lottery" off-loading rifles that just aren't quite accurate? I guess that there is always that inherent risk when trying to save money....or when trying to simply FIND a rifle in this dry market.
That seems like a very slim possibility especially if you buy from a place you did ten minutes worth of research on. Sometimes buying from the lowest cost dealer can lead to a bit more headaches, but I've yet to be burned by that scenario. If anything more back and forth, slower shipping, less timely communication etc.

I am afraid of that too. I have sold a couple LNIB CZ’s myself. 😝

The guys over on RFC seem to tend to refer more to the quality of the wood on CZ rifles when speaking in terms of 'winning the lottery' - and I've seen photos of some really exceptional Turkish walnut lumber on several of those rifles over there. But my own buying experience (since I'm a ffl) has been with ordering them in from Lipsey's, and two of the three that I bought for myself had barrels that produced accuracy poor enough so that I replaced them with Shilen blanks that I fitted & chambered. The Varmint MTR's 'match chambered' bbl was good enough to leave alone, but as expected, the Shilen select match ratchet rifled blanks I used on an American with nice wood and a Varmint Precision Trainer in a Manners PRS1T stock are far more accurate than they ever were with the hammer forged OEM barrels. I've been very pleased with how well all three of these rifles function - feeding & extraction/ejection have been virtually flawless in all of them - and the triggers were easily adjusted to give crisp clean breaks at 1lb or just a hair over that. If only the accuracy of the OEM barrels was more consistent...

The lottery is on wood and accuracy. I have Seven CZ’s. All will shoot sub MOA with good Ammo. Two of them will shoot .5 MOA or better, consistently at 50 yards. I say it’s a lottery on accuracy because my 457 Trainer out performs my MTR by far. The match chamber doesn’t help a mediocre barrel.

Last edited:
I have bought two rifles from Cove Creek Outfitters in Pa. One was a 457 american. Usually free shipping and no cc fee.

The lottery is on wood and accuracy. I have Seven CZ’s. All will shoot sub MOA with good Ammo. Two of them will shoot .5 MOA or better, consistently at 50 yards. I say it’s a lottery on accuracy because my 457 Trainer out performs my MTR by far. The match chamber doesn’t help a mediocre barrel.
The 1st 457 I got my hands on was an American - it arrived in early Feb. of 2019, in the midst of some very cold weather. I finally gave into temptation, cold or not, mounted a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x44, and set my portable bench up right outside the south walk-in door of the garage/shop. Put some paper targets out at 50yds and got the scope 'zeroed' if you could call it that - it wouldn't put 5rds into anything that really resembled a group, with typical spreads from 1-1/2"-2", with any of the lots of SK Std+ I had, nor with any of several lots of old 'made in Germany' Wolf Match Target or Match Extra. Tried some Eley Target, Match Xtra, Match - same thing. The crown looked pretty rough, so I pulled the bbl, dialed it in on the 4-jaw, and cut a nice new precision 11* crown, which actually helped just a bit. After that, I shot it as much as possible anytime the temps would get above freezing, but never saw any improvement in group sizes. I didn't want to call CZ and try to get them to warranty it for fear that they'd just send me another 457 American, and the stock on this one is nice enough that I didn't want to lose it. So, I ordered a Shilen blank, contoured the breech to fit the action, turned a pretty snug-fitting tenon, and chambered it with my EPS reamer. Cut the extractor grooves, flipped it around in the spindle, dialed the muzzle in on the bore, and threaded it 1/2-28 for a SWR Spectre II, then degreased & blasted it, followed by shooting it with a mix of CeraKote graphite black & tungsten in an attempt to match the nitride finish on the action. Then I got a fresh bottle of LocTite #609 and glued that sucker in the action and left it sit overnight. I'm more than pleased with the accuracy of the Shilen bbl, it's a couple of orders of magnitude better than the OEM bbl. Had a similar experience with the 457 VPT's 24" bbl, though not nearly as bad as the American. It wasn't all that great to begin with, but after I'd run 500+ rds through it, the accuracy at 50yds wasn't that bad. It was at this point that I decided it was time to see how it'd shoot at 100-200yds...and it flat fell on its face at those distances - couldn't keep 10 shots on an 8" steel plate at 200 with it, so got another Shilen and did it up the same as the one on the American. Very pleased with this on also - but not everyone has a lathe in their garage or basement, and the experience to re-barrel a 22RF.

Attachments

• DSC_0239.JPG
    DSC_0239.JPG
    400.3 KB · Views: 68
What are some reputable online dealers that you all have purchased CZ rifles from? There seem to be some fraudulent CZ "stores" that have every rifle in stock at any given time.
CZ , DOES NOT, sell directly to the public as per their own website: https://cz-usa.com/ There are indeed a couple of shady sites that look very official and have scammed a couple ppl all ready

This place only takes zelle and bitcoin, red flags anyone? http s://czgunstore. com (spaces added to break weblink)

CZ-USA does NOT sell firearms directly to consumers online,
instead selling our products through an Authorized Dealer network as well as to major wholesale distributors that work with all other FFL dealers. Our authorized dealers can be found here or call us at 1-800-955-4486. Please use caution when giving personal payment information online.

I've bought from Bud's and the LGS for my CZ needs

If you are LE/MIL/First Responder you can buy direct from CZ…good prices as well.

ZY

I bought CZ's from both KY Gun Co. and Whittaker Guns, both in KY

Can anybody comment on czarmory.com ? Legit or scam?
Did you not read post #13 above??? This is a mirror site of the scammer address I listed previously. They accept only zelle or bitcoin for transactions, which leaves the buyer with no recourse for fraud recovery. CZ DOES NOT SELL FIREARMS DIRECT TO THE PUBLIC!

edit add: firearms sales

Last edited:
I just bought a CZ 457. I couldn’t verify if czarmory was legit. I’ve heard bad stories about fraud sites that sell CZ. I emailed several and asked if they shipped from the USA. No response from any of them. Might have paid a little more but bought mine from Buds. Great service and fast shipping. Good luck..

got mine through buds gun shot heard about it through hitchcock 45 lol the gun went to my selected ffl all was as it should be I even bought the larger mags through cz on there web store and there was no problems with that either .best of luck with yours hope all goes well and you love it for years to come .

I've been (perhaps hopelessly) searching around for a Pro Varmint...but those seem to remain out of stock everywhere for the time being.

Have you talked to your local gun store?

My store will sell you anything they don't have on the shelf for 10% over cost if you pay when you order. If they can't get it from a distributor they'll waive the transfer fee if you can find one in-stock and buy it somewhere else.

I've been (perhaps hopelessly) searching around for a Pro Varmint...but those seem to remain out of stock everywhere for the time being.
I know where you can find a Precision Varmint in stock. I don’t want to break any rules here, so you can PM me if interested and I’ll send you the link.

Reactions: cetanorak