• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Buying my first higher end scope.

Mountainbum

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2018
Okay, I know a lot of you got a hell of a lot more rounds down range then me. So thought I’d ask what your thoughts are on two scopes I’m looking at. I was set on the Kahlas 525, but really like The new “Gri2d” reticle (when it comes out) on the S&B 5x25 pm II. Getting ready to start on my first full custom P.R., build, starting with the scope. I’ve not had a chance to gaze down either of them as of yet. I heard that the S&B PM2 has some tunneling @5 power. Not like I’d use that power setting much. Currently I’m using a Vortex Viper, 6x24 on a RPR for the last year or so, and ready to up grade, maybe start trying out some PRS Matches. Will be using the new scope on the RPR till build is complete of course.

All the higher end scopes are generally comparable. Pick the reticle you want and enjoy.
Agreed tier 1 gear is more so about what reticle you prefer. The glass will he phenomenal across the board and you’ll always have tactile turret adjustments if you do happen to dial. I’d recommend reading up on both Reticles you are interested in and figure out which one best suites you.

Reactions: Mountainbum
I was thinking the S&B PM2 before until had a chat with an experienced shooter/dealer,then switched to Kahles 525i. S&B has the tunneling issue at low magnification, but I guess you would hardly need it. Kahles makes many improvement recently and makes good reputation within shooters. S&B needs an update, would love to see an new version in the future. Both are good scopes. You won't regret for either. Maybe the question is down to which recital you prefer.

Reactions: Mountainbum
I was thinking the S&B PM2 before until had a chat with an experienced shooter/dealer,then switched to Kahles 525i. S&B has the tunneling issue at low magnification, but I guess you would hardly need it. Kahles makes many improvement recently and makes good reputation within shooters. S&B needs an update, would love to see an new version in the future. Both are good scopes. You won't regret for either. Maybe the question is down to which recital you prefer.
I agree, I think I’m sold on the Kahlas, but May Wait and see if S&B makes any other improvements to the PM2 when the new reticle comes out next month.

I agree, I think I’m sold on the Kahlas, but May Wait and see if S&B makes any other improvements to the PM2 when the new reticle comes out next month.
I wonder if anyone tried the digital version of S&B yet.