• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

buying reloading gear

Scorcoran

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2014
so i am gonna pull the trigger on some reloading equipment next friday the 11th of march this is my list of what i was thinking i need everything so let me know if i am missing anything that i need or that might help me i will be reloading 300wm only thank you for your time

lyman 49th edition manual-forster co ax press-reddind comp dies 3 piece #58153-digital calipers- digital micrometer- rcbs chargemaster combo- 2 rcbs #4 shell holders- powder funnel- rcbs case trimmer kit
rcbs 3 way cutter upgrade- sinclair bullet comparator with insert- case block- rcbs universal hand held priming tool- rcbs hammer type bullet puller- redding decapping die #69200- rcbs stuck case remover
media seperator- lyman tumbler kit- Kit includes: TurboSonic® 2500 Ultrasonic Cleaner, 16-oz. TurboSonic case-cleaning solution, Pro 1200 Turbo® Tumbler, 6-lb. treated corncob media, Mini-Measure™ measuring cup, baggies for separating brass cases and 16-oz. media reactivator.

If you buy 2 each shell holders, I assume 1 for your press and one for your priming tool, do not interchange them. Mark the one you will use on your press and always use it, there could be a difference and it could affect your sizing and seating depth. Buy another manual, I recommend the bullet manufacturers manuals too. From the looks of your inventory, you will be loading for accuracy, just take your time, consistency is everything. I like the Sinclair primer pocket uniformer tool. I also like the Satern powder funnels. Redding micrometer seating dies are cool too.

I will get the satern ppowder funnel thank you and looking on the website I believe that the die set I was looking at has a micrometer seater the comp die set number is #58153

I wrote this up to save typing - it's my standard beginners' reloading equipment advice:

Beginner's Guide to Reloading Equipment

You do not need everything you listed to get started. You can skip the stuck case remover - I've never had one and never needed it (knock on wood). The chargemaster is a luxury, but go for it if you like it. Mine is still new, so I don't have much to say about it. So far so good. A micrometer is not all that useful if you have a good set of calipers. You also do not need an ultrasonic cleaner and a tumbler. one or the other will do. I'd start with the tumbler, personally. Decapping dies are a luxury as well, but you might want to look at the sinclair version - it comes with two pin sizes which comes in handy if you ever find yourself depriming 6mm BR cases. Not sure if the Redding does.

My opinion of the RCBS hand priming tool (at least the older model) is low. The new one may be better. I really like the 21st Century Shooting models.

I also like the metal funnels. No static. They fit pretty well on unturned brass. they rattle around a little on turned brass, but they still work well enough.