• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Buying / Trading as a new guy

DustyRoads91

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Irrigon , Oregon
I understand we cant sell unless paying 20 bucks for 21 days of access or posting 100 times but is it okay to buy or trade with people that are selling? 

From what I understand, the 100 post requirement is to post an ad. If you want to buy, PM the guy and go from there. If he doesn't trust ya with your low post count, that is simply his call.

Buying should be no big deal. Seller would be smart to wait until money shows up to send item, regardless of post count.

For some guys, they'll be hesitant to deal with some newer folks that just joined/low post counts, etc. Usually if you're an honest and good guy, it'll work out for you. After your transactions, ask if that person will put in a review for you in the Good Guys section, as a lot of folks feel more comfortable knowing that others have done business with you and if everything went smooth or not. Just my 2 cents from a former FNG thats done a lot of buying, selling, and trading on the Hide.

Too bad our post count from the scout website doesn't carry over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the Scout site I had an annual membership and was able to post in the buy/sell/trade section even without many posts. Does anyone know if I will be able to post in buy/sell/trade again once they get the memberships figured out on this site? Or am i required to get to the 100 post mark regardless?

Too bad our post count from the scout website doesn't carry over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you shoot Frank a message either on this site, or one of his threads on the other Hide, just give him your username and post count and it should get updated. I did that as soon as i registered on this site and saw that my post count was zeroed out. Either LL or someone else goes in and will change it out though. I wasnt able to get my original join date updated though, but post count is right.