• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Buying used Swarovski and warranty

mi223

Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
West Michigan
I found a pair of Swarovski El 10x42 binocular local for 1200 but he says the diopter doesn't fully adjust. He says it works fine for him. Should I stay away? Would Swarovski take care of it if it was an issue?

ETA I read their warranty policy. It doesn't sound like they use the vortex business model

They don't use a Vortex model.

I don't believe that they have restrictions on the warranty if you are not the original owner but they do say that the product had to have been purchased at an authorized dealer.

I would call them to be sure. Their CS is top-notch. Hopefully, the price you are paying is worth the hassle. It can take 6-10 weeks to get your product back if it has to go back to Austria for repair.

I haven't looked at them yet. It sounds like the diopter doesn't travel to the far limits. Ideally they would be usable the way they are but I don't know if the savings are worth it.

I have been shopping in the $1200 range and these just come across my radar as being an interesting buy.

I haven't looked at them yet. It sounds like the diopter doesn't travel to the far limits. Ideally they would be usable the way they are but I don't know if the savings are worth it.

I have been shopping in the $1200 range and these just come across my radar as being an interesting buy.
It's worth checking out b4 you buy