• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

C.c. In illinios

Clearly a coincidence.

I agree, clearly the criminals just took a little time off, and will make up for there lack of numbers next quarter.

Guys:
While I hope that the CCW laws influenced the outcome, I would suggest that the ass biting cold may have actually kept most of the reprobates in their dark holes. At -20, they are less inclined to expend the energy to prey on others.

Let's wait until summer to see how this cow pie flops.

While I'd love to draw the correlation, I'm with [MENTION=3555]Carnivore[/MENTION] on this one. My brother lives up there and it has been one of the most brutal winters anyone can remember. PLUS, the permits are just starting to be issued. It's going to take a few incidents where the good guys win and don't go to prison for the real deterrence to start happening. I have no doubt there will be some positive effect, but I also foresee the City going after every permit holder they possibly can for every reason they can dream up.

I've been looking at the new law in preparation for a move to Cook County, and the City effectively nullified every element of CCW that they could: no carry on public transportation (which a HUGE number of commuters use every day), no carry in any city park, no carry on any city property, etc. They basically made it impossible for a permit holder to maintain compliance within the City limits. There's still talk of the City requiring their own "endorsement" or something for the State card to be valid in the City.

Don't get me wrong, it's great seeing so many online news sources making the connection between CCW and the drop in the murder rate. The only way for TRUE change to happen is through public opinion and resultant effect on the politicians. Just be ready for CCW to be BLAMED when the murder rate is back up there this summer. It could be lower than in previous years, but any chance they get, the City is going to blame CCW.

I received my permit a few weeks ago. Applied on Jan 28th. Here is the first reported licensed defensive use of CC in IL. Chicago Tribune

That seems like a good start, however, when you read that article, don't you get the impression that the City took the approach of "did he possibly do ANYTHING wrong that we can get him on?" ?
Down where I live now, if good guys shot at bad guys, we as a Dept and a County in general took the approach of "how do we keep Joe Citizen from getting hemmed up for doing the right thing in the wrong way?".

Earlier in the thread I mentioned the complexity of the CC law, here's a related article from the Trib discussing the lunacy of the ordinance:

Chicago Tribune

You'll also notice the negative story about the guy losing his carry license got significantly more news time from all the local networks compared to the guy legally defending himself. I'm fully aware that the city of Chicago and any of its suburbs would "Zimmerman" me or anyone the first chance they get regardless of the facts. I work construction on the streets all over northern IL and hopefully word will get out to the worthless people sitting on front porches all day that robbing that dude walking down the sidewalk might get you shot. It's a start.

Isn't the mantra "if it saves just one life"? Well maybe the legal CCW saved his life last week. Whatever IL has now is far better than the unarmed bullshit we've dealt with for years.

That seems like a good start, however, when you read that article, don't you get the impression that the City took the approach of "did he possibly do ANYTHING wrong that we can get him on?" ?
Down where I live now, if good guys shot at bad guys, we as a Dept and a County in general took the approach of "how do we keep Joe Citizen from getting hemmed up for doing the right thing in the wrong way?".

Earlier in the thread I mentioned the complexity of the CC law, here's a related article from the Trib discussing the lunacy of the ordinance:

Chicago Tribune

They will absolutely be looking for anything to hang your ass. In the article they even said they checked his training requirement as well. This is why I didn't cut any corners with my training. I know guys who are trying to basically buy their training certificate. Good luck with that if shit goes down.