• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

C-H 4 Position Loading Press

Hummer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2009
SC Cradle of the Confederacy
Just wondering how many folks use these nice little presses. Santa just brought me one. Been wanting one for years. The quality of this tool is very impressive.
I have been loading on Hollywood Senior tools last 50 years.

Re: C-H 4 Position Loading Press

Hummer:

C&H makes a great product! Do not have a C&H press but my buddy does and he loves it!

Did you get it new or off Ebay?

Terry

Got it on Ebay. You never see 4 position ones there. You see some single positions and rarely a 2 position but I don't ever remember seeing a 4 position. It has some really nice design features I have never seen on another tool.
I have a buddy who got one and he tells me they only make one when they get an order for it and he had his assembled and delivered in like 8 days.

Good snag. I've always wanted either a C-H or the Ponsness Warren Metallic II

125.00 plus shipping of 16.00 priority mail. I saw a single stage go for 135.00 two weeks ago. About nine guys bid on this one.
they are 254.00 new less shipping. My buddy just got a brand new one. He says rigged up correctly it can load 200 rounds a hour.

There may not be another C-H on ebay for months.

I have one of the 4-station presses that my grandma gave me after my grandpa died. I remember him showing it to me when he first got it. I use it once in a while for 357 and 44 mag loading.

I've been using one for years. It's the best progressive press there is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 918v</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's the best progressive press there is. </div></div>
How does the indexing work?

A little slow, but you get to "hand inspect" the case at every stage of the process.

I have four presses now with yesterdays addition to the litter. One Hollywood, Two almost new RCBS Rockchuckers and the C-H. I am now considering sellng the Rockchuckers and getting another C-H.

After writing the initial thread I took it out and had a closer looksee as I laid the Mobil 1 synthetic oil to it. At that point I had not recognized what a unique design it truly is.
The guy that had it apparently did not believe in oil and there was some grease here and there. The pivot pins were dry and tool shows some wear as it was "dry" all over so to speak and yet I can detect no side movement or play in the lift table anywhere along the travel ! ! ! If there is none now, my application of Mobil 1 will make sure there never develops any. This thing glides like a Tikka or 30-40 Krag bolt now.
The most unique feature is when it is not being used the handle is in vertical position out of the way ! ! ! Wish I had obtained one of these 30 years ago as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does the indexing work?</div></div>

Manually.

CH444.gif

Typically, these are referred to as "semi-progressive." I have a P200 semi that works sort of like a reversed turret. You move the shellholder from station to station.

P200.jpg

The head has 10 positions. Use five and flip the head around to use the other five.

That is one hell of a nice press, good price..I to have always wanted one but seems like other projects came up that were more important at the time..Enjoy and good loading..