• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes C7 Scope Repair.......Worth It or Ebay It ?

spacestuff4me

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2010
Huntington Beach, Ca.
Hello,

About 10 years ago I picked up a surplused C7 scope at a gunshow with a 92-194xx serial number, I'm guessing it was made in 1992. I liked the optics & reticle, plus at the time it was a really cool little scope to throw on an AR. It was missing the mount & tritium illuminator, but even so I really like the compactness and the low light capability of it.

I just dug it out from a long forgotten box and I'm curious if anyone can tell me who restores or repairs these scopes or where I can find a mount. Since I bought it, the scope has small black spots on the inside of the lens, which I'm assuming is fungus and needs to be cleaned.

The weird thing is the front disassembly screw ring has a tiny 1/8" weld spot, that prevents the scope from being taken apart. I'm also guessing this was done when the scope was sent for surplus.

In any event, is it worth restoring this scope or should I just sell it on Ebay and buy another EoTech ot Aimpoint ?

Thanks, Ray

Re: C7 Scope Repair.......Worth It or Ebay It ?

I too wish for a address to rehabe a c-7 I want new trid gee what a cool scope I shoot better with it than trig aim mep and the cheap one too my 8 year old picked it up one day on a ar 15 conver kit and shot rings around me with it talk about humbal pie I ate a few pies that day