• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD CA 457 .22LR - Proof Carbon Barrel, Grey Birch Folding Chassis

zekers7

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty much brand new, been to the range once but just don’t shoot 22lr.

CZ457 in 22lr
Proof Carbon Barrel
Area 419 15MOA scope base
Timney Trigger

$1250 Shipped, $1450 with the optic/rings

Grey Birch Folding Chassis = $500
Proof CF barrel = $734
Trigger = $126
Base = $100
CZ 457 action = $400 (maybe if you got a scout and sold the parts off)

Ballpark, new, without tax and shipping, best case scenario/cheapest you’ll likely find the parts (as far as I was able to find anyway) = $1,860

$1,860 x 1.086 for my local tax = $2019.96, still without including any shipping charges…

I can’t afford it right now, but maybe the math here in the open thread will help you find a sale through pointing out how good of a deal this thing is! Even better with the scope and rings too.

What are the rings? Barrel length? Take it no thread protector given it is shown without one? By pretty much brand new, do you mean like <100 rounds, or more in the sense of cleaned up well and ‘in like new condition’ considering 22 LR doesn’t ever wear out a barrel? Measurement on folded length?

This thing would make a killer truck gun that would send your friends home with the ability to skip that blue pill for the night! Dam, would love to have it, but fear I’d have marital troubles a-bruin if I dropped that much right now, lol.

Sorry for all the questions, but doing so not only out of interest but also hopefully to help with your listing for those with the same questions :)

GLWS!

Reactions: dlouie87
Does it come with the factory mags?

Grey Birch Folding Chassis = $500
Proof CF barrel = $734
Trigger = $126
Base = $100
CZ 457 action = $400 (maybe if you got a scout and sold the parts off)

Ballpark, new, without tax and shipping, best case scenario/cheapest you’ll likely find the parts (as far as I was able to find anyway) = $1,860

$1,860 x 1.086 for my local tax = $2019.96, still without including any shipping charges…

I can’t afford it right now, but maybe the math here in the open thread will help you find a sale through pointing out how good of a deal this thing is! Even better with the scope and rings too.

What are the rings? Barrel length? Take it no thread protector given it is shown without one? By pretty much brand new, do you mean like <100 rounds, or more in the sense of cleaned up well and ‘in like new condition’ considering 22 LR doesn’t ever wear out a barrel? Measurement on folded length?

This thing would make a killer truck gun that would send your friends home with the ability to skip that blue pill for the night! Dam, would love to have it, but fear I’d have marital troubles a-bruin if I dropped that much right now, lol.

Sorry for all the questions, but doing so not only out of interest but also hopefully to help with your listing for those with the same questions :)

GLWS!

No worries about the questions!

-Barrel is 16" with a basic pistol thread protector on there. Just something i had laying around (proof does not ship with one)
-Rings are Warne ultrlite (nothing fancy)
-Comes with 2 factory mags. One with an extension
-Under 100 rounds through it for sure. Have a few mags of eley through it, thats all.

Reactions: Trent A
No worries about the questions!

-Barrel is 16" with a basic pistol thread protector on there. Just something i had laying around (proof does not ship with one)
-Rings are Warne ultrlite (nothing fancy)
-Comes with 2 factory mags. One with an extension
-Under 100 rounds through it for sure. Have a few mags of eley through it, thats all.

Odd, I didn’t realize Proof didn’t supply a thread protector. Makes more sense why my two second hand proof CF barrels came without them!

If you get a chance to measure folded length at some point, I’d love to hear what it measures out as.

Thanks!

Dual ffp SFP reticle or no ?

Odd, I didn’t realize Proof didn’t supply a thread protector. Makes more sense why my two second hand proof CF barrels came without them!

If you get a chance to measure folded length at some point, I’d love to hear what it measures out as.

Thanks!

How much does it weigh and how does it shoot

24.5" OAL Folded
6lb 13oz as configured with the scope. Tack driver from what i experienced. Havent tested any other loads but the eley box i had on me

Again, I really really love this setup but dont shoot 22lr other than a little 22/45 i have and dont want to start stocking up on match 22lr. Figure it will mean more in someone elses hands that will actually shoot it

Reactions: Trent A