• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CA Ridgeline Troubles

DanielB.

Private
Minuteman
May 10, 2020
Well y’all, I bought a Ridgeline despite what I had read on hear and different forums. I bought the gun in the spring and have just now started shooting it because I was saving up some money to buy a Nightforce. Whenever I got it home, back in the spring, I was dry firing it and the trigger would fire every so often when I bolted it. I adjusted the trigger to a little heavier pull and it stopped. Trigger was a little over 4 lbs which is to heavy in my opinion. Well fast forward to this month. I get my Nightforce mounted and go to the range and start breaking in the rifle according to the video CA recommends. I have zero problems during the break in. That was last week. I get it back home and dry fire it and the trigger starts firing when I bolt it again. Well I go back to the range to sight it in with the ammo I was using for hunting, but was going to have my buddy who is a gunsmith check out my trigger first. He owns the range I shoot at. He got it and tried his best to make it fire by slamming the bolt but it never did. So I went on out to the range and started shooting. On the sixth round as I’m closing the bolt the trigger drops on a live round, but nothing happened. I waited a little bit and then went to get him to check it out. When I took the round out of the chamber it had the faintest little primer strike. He came to the conclusion that the trigger is dropping before the bolt is completely closed. So today I contacted CA and let them know what was going on. The have a place that you can upload picture and video of the problem. So I was going to post a video of the issue because now the trigger is dropping about 85% of the time when you bolt it. In the process of doing that I go to open my bolt back up and it sticks. I mean the bolt is freaking stuck. You could probably knock it open but I ain’t about to do that until CA gets a look at it. I sent them a video of that today. So we’ll see what happens. I’m not going to say the gun is trash but I will say I wish I wouldn’t have bought it now.

You have a trigger problem. Not a rifle problem. Your title should be Trigger Tech problems.

Reactions: DanielB.
Heard back from CA within a hour of contacting them and they sent me a shipping label to send the rifle to them.

They will take care of you. My buddy dropped his Mesa down a flight of stairs and it came back looking and shooting like a new rifle.

Well y’all, I bought a Ridgeline despite what I had read on hear and different forums. I bought the gun in the spring and have just now started shooting it because I was saving up some money to buy a Nightforce. Whenever I got it home, back in the spring, I was dry firing it and the trigger would fire every so often when I bolted it. I adjusted the trigger to a little heavier pull and it stopped. Trigger was a little over 4 lbs which is to heavy in my opinion. Well fast forward to this month. I get my Nightforce mounted and go to the range and start breaking in the rifle according to the video CA recommends. I have zero problems during the break in. That was last week. I get it back home and dry fire it and the trigger starts firing when I bolt it again. Well I go back to the range to sight it in with the ammo I was using for hunting, but was going to have my buddy who is a gunsmith check out my trigger first. He owns the range I shoot at. He got it and tried his best to make it fire by slamming the bolt but it never did. So I went on out to the range and started shooting. On the sixth round as I’m closing the bolt the trigger drops on a live round, but nothing happened. I waited a little bit and then went to get him to check it out. When I took the round out of the chamber it had the faintest little primer strike. He came to the conclusion that the trigger is dropping before the bolt is completely closed. So today I contacted CA and let them know what was going on. The have a place that you can upload picture and video of the problem. So I was going to post a video of the issue because now the trigger is dropping about 85% of the time when you bolt it. In the process of doing that I go to open my bolt back up and it sticks. I mean the bolt is freaking stuck. You could probably knock it open but I ain’t about to do that until CA gets a look at it. I sent them a video of that today. So we’ll see what happens. I’m not going to say the gun is trash but I will say I wish I wouldn’t have bought it now.

Why didn't you just adjust the sear engagement? Adjusting the pull force on the trigger is never the fix for this.

I think you are moving in the right direction... We have discussed "Quality Control" in dept here on the board. :(..... I am encouraging My People to pull those safe queens out and go run a few rounds through them while the option for repairs is available. That window is closing.