• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Cabelas Hellhound thermal by Armasight

witchazel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2017
Anyone tried it? I am thinking of buying one. Cableas offers a lifetime guarantee on it and has a good return policy. Amy reason not to buy this? Mission will be coyotes and other chicken/goat killers.

I've been looking at the Cabela's branded armasight scopes too. The lifetime guarantee seems like the best part of the deal

Just heard from Cabela's : "Cabela’s-brand merchandise is guaranteed for the life of the product against defects in workmanship under normal wear and tear conditions."

So I guess one has to draw their own conclusions on what they will actually provide warranty on.

Isnt the Flir Thermosight 233 the next gen of the Armasights? thats the one I have had my eye on in that price range. I would talk to some local dealers that may order one from you from RSR or Sports South, they could make $100 off you and you still save.

Maybe Cabellas has a "special arrangement" with someone to fix legacy (rebranded) Armasight thermals?

As far as direct support thru FLIR, we hear that FLIR sacked the old Armasight CS staff after the merger, so things seem to be in flux. But if Cabellas is standing behind the legacy products, that sounds interesting. I'd like to hear more about the arrangements Cabellas has made to repair the Armasights.

==