• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Cabelas TCS Ghillie suit

tjrumseyjr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2008
N.Y.S.
hey guys i got a question about this suit for a stater is it worth spending money on.

Re: Cabelas TCS Ghillie suit

LOL The fucking soundtrack is Classic!

LOL... It's your money lol

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SXJ7BLEhuaQ"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SXJ7BLEhuaQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

What're you hunting that you need a Ghilli? Haha. I'd build my own, brah. Seems to be the recommendation on the site, anyways. And they turn out VERY well! Or buy one from that one guy that makes the one things.

Rogue,
That went from watching a video to playing a shooters version of "where's Waldo in a Ghilli suit".

As for the OP,
Build your own or guy a professional one... you get what you pay for IMHO.

Those things are worthless. The jute is sewn directly to the cammies so the stuff will shed like no other....before you know it you'll have a $70 pair of cammies. I've been building suits for quite a while now, and you're not going to get any kind of quality out of a $70 suit. A decent set of BDU's and a boonie will cost that alone.

Go get some BDU's and a boonie hate, then some burlap, green, brown and tan then get some nylon netting, black preferably, a hockey net will work and paint it black. Sew the net in, and start adding the burlap in an inconsistent pattern to break up your outline. After you get done with that add natural vegetation to fit in where you are hunting and that should produce something good enough to get you by whether it is yotes or turkey you are going after.

Chad

Yes, build your own there is lots of advice on this site how to go about it. It's time consuming but you will be proud of the results.

whether you make your own or buy one, make sure it is something with durable tie-on points so that you can add or take away garnish as needed...