• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Cabella's Hunting Scopes: EURO Line

PJC7250

Private
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2002
Apollo, Pa.
I had the opportunity to be at the WV Cabella's last evening and peered through their EURO brand rifle scopes. I looked through the 6-18x50mm and the glass was superb. I'm not kidding. They are fully multicoated and have etched reticles (Duplex or EXT) the EXT reticle has a series of lines and dots...pretty neat. Anyway, the employee in that section said that the glass is made at the same factory as Zeiss. The Euro line has a lifetime warranty with Cabella's. However, I don't know how well the internals are put together.

I think these may make a decent hunting scope in their EXT reticle.

Any opinions or thoughts on these Chinese made scopes? PAT.

Re: Cabella's Hunting Scopes: EURO Line

I believe their glass is made by Meopta...

+1.....When I checked them out, the "knowledgeable" guy behind the counter said they were having them made by Meopta.

Made by Meopta, like their Euro bino's which are very nice, should be a good hunting scope.

A friend of mine has the binocs and really likes them for what ever that is worth. I have not looked through them myself but he has other high end optics

I had one a few years back, I also heard they were made by Meopta. And for the money it was a real nice piece of glass. Ended up trading the rifle with it on there. But I would not hesitate on ever getting another one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shumate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had one a few years back, I also heard they were made by Meopta. And for the money it was a real nice piece of glass. Ended up trading the rifle with it on there. But I would not hesitate on ever getting another one. </div></div>

I thought the Euro line was new this year?

I've got a pair of the binos and absolutely love them! There's better glass out there, but not that I have been able to find in that price range.

Also have one of their Alaskan Guide scopes on a .243, comparable to a Monarch, Buckmaster , or VX-II but less expensive.