• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"Cabin Fever Shoot" Thunder Valley Precision, Ohio

Breeze260

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2009
Ohio
<span style="text-decoration: underline">"Cabin Fever Shoot" Thunder Valley Precision, Ohio Jan.29th</span>

Start; 10:00 if you need to zero be early(8:00) Range is cold from 9-10
Cost; $20.00 "For everyone"
We shoot as a team if you don't have a partner we will pair you up with someone. If we cant drive the course we will walk(less than a mile but two nice hills)Rhino rides for the challenged.
Shooting Position; Prone
Targets; 12"Steel
Position 1,2,3 have four targets and 8 minutes to shoot them. Position 4 has eight targets and 14 minutes to shoot them.
Target distances;
Pos 1) 160,268,499,484
Pos 2) 228,391,561,346
Pos 3) 563,950,1165,938
Pos 4) 283,415,366,552,552,892,674,795
All targets under 300 yards can <span style="font-weight: bold">NOT</span> be engaged with magnums. If you shoot a magnum bring another rifle if you don't have one and want to attend PM me

And as always Membership $50
Members Match Fees (regular) and Range Practice Days $20.00
Non Members Fees (regular) and Range Practice Days $30.00
Juniors Under 18 years of age FREE Membership and ALL match fees and range days are FREE.

And Please ask about the Raffle for a suppressor

Re: "Cabin Fever Shoot" Thunder Valley Precision, Ohio

Tricky, tricky.... How deep is the snow? Deep snow = Little to no splash, and could make things interesting
wink.gif

You could see impacts Saturday in 3-5 inches. hopefully Tom doesn't get get a bunch more before the end of the month.

Oh that's an easy fix...just give Rodent a pot of beans and a lighter....lol.. SNOW BE GONE!

any shooting afterwards? wouldnt mind coming down just for some practice time in the afternoon.

This is practice
grin.gif

There is always shooting after, but if we get the crowd we had last weekend there might not be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is practice
grin.gif
</div></div>

Good point.. I'll have to see if i can get the scope situation fixed on the AR by then. Gotta get my membership too...

Hopefully some of this snow will melt
grin.gif

At the temps I don't see the snow going anywhere. I may try to make this one. Besides, it would be good for Tom to see me again
wink.gif

Okay who is coming out to play this weekend? My shooting partner and I will be there

Thinking about it.
One of two pots on the front burners.
Will need partner.

Want to show it can be done under time.
I need to figure out these ranges.
Sounds like fun to me.

I'm not making the beans,
For Rodent to clean the greens.
(I have a lighter)

TC

I'm going to drive out. I hope there is a single that I can team up with. Seems everyone I know is working OT this week-end.....

I will be there. I will also need a shooting partner as I am coming by myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who has a GOOD video camera?</div></div>

I have a really nice HD video camera if I come I'll def bring it.

Count me in Wade. I'll be there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skivy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Count me in Wade. I'll be there. </div></div>

Since I won't be there, can someone do me a favor and remind Larry to shoot the steel, not the target backer next to it?

Thanks!

I'm looking forward to this ... be kind to the newbie please

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ncboiler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking forward to this ... be kind to the newbie please </div></div>

Always
smile.gif

i have a feeling that that blunder is never going to be forgoten.... unless someone tops it soon... lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ncboiler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking forward to this ... be kind to the newbie please </div></div>
nc,
No worries.... these guys are very gentle with virgins. Ask me how I know! ;-)
It sure sounds inviting (except for 9 hours in a car.) Wish it was a bit closer.
Try to get my mind around the drive.

If I make, I won't be 'the virgin' this time.... that's reason enough, right?.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will be there! lol... </div></div>When did you start showing up for those shoots?

Hopefully I'm over this crazy cold I picked up from Shot by this weekend..or I will be watching from my den window eating elk sticks and drinking Kool-aid...by the heat register.

Just make sure the Rhino is fueled up and the keys in it
grin.gif

Im sure most guys use a bolt action for this, Could I use my AR10? whats the round count for the course? sounds like a good time.

Yes, AR10's are allowed. Anything up to .338 is allowed, gas or bolt or single. Not sure what the guys have planned but I would bring 70-100 rounds if its your first time here. Your AR10 will do fine on the short and long course. I will be shooting my AR15 on the short from now on.

Looking forward to seeing you!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AR10 sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im sure most guys use a bolt action for this, Could I use my AR10? whats the round count for the course? sounds like a good time. </div></div>

You should ask if anyone is willing to part with some appropriate .308 for fair market value. Your welcome to use my LTR if you want.

So yeah anyone local with some 308 fgmm they would part with? 100 rounds would be good. Tom do you sell ammo at TVP?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AR10 sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So yeah anyone local with some 308 fgmm they would part with? 100 rounds would be good. Tom do you sell ammo at TVP? </div></div>

Call Woodbury's in Coshocton, they are right down the road from TVP. They probably have FGMM. I know they have a bunch of Black hills 168 match, they are out of the 175.

Kame's in North Canton had FGMM on sale a week or so ago for around 17~ a box... Give them a call and see...

Our ammo is on order due to arrive late Febuary.

Our new line of modified factory rifles will be out this spring. We will also offer ammunition for them. We will have two trainers/demo rifles in .308 and two in .260 all with N/F scopes. If the shooter likes them then he can place an order in any combination or purchase one we have in stock at that time.

"Position 1,2,3 have four targets and 8 minutes to shoot them. Position 4 has eight targets and 14 minutes to shoot them.
Target distances;
Pos 1) 160,268,499,484
Pos 2) 228,391,561,346
Pos 3) 563,950,1165,938
Pos 4) 283,415,366,552,552,892,674,795"

Sorry about the nube question but for position 1-3 do you have 8 min to shoot all 12 targets or 8 min per each station?

Looks like 60 max for the course.
3 per target and a bunch of targets!
Save on ammo by hitting them the first shot.

Not gonna make the shoot.
I have to cook for a feed Saturday.

AR 10 would be great for the course.
One team kicked our bolt action butt's their first time there.

Watch the guy's going for the time bonus.
It can be done.

Great day when you can get two time bonuses. only to have Tom's team beat you on another by two seconds.

Team shooting 4 targets under 3 min.

AR platform is perfect for many things.
Most critters are small and make bad targets.
But some of us are used to single shots.
Reload time is a factor.
I have also seen 1000 yrd. record shots done before I could set down the microphone!(single shot)

Same as archery, problem is usually shooter.

TC

You and your partner get 8mins per station to hit four targets. The last shooting position has 8 targets, so you and your partner will have 14mins to hit 8 targets. If you do not have a partner for the shoot, there will be singles who need shooting partners.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swoodz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"For position 1-3 do you have 8 min to shoot all 12 targets or 8 min per each station?"</div></div>

Thanks Hugo....Are you still going to make it?

Yep, I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon, and should get there around 20:00. I may stay at a hotel if it's too cold to hang out. I just hate waking up at 5am to get myself together
wink.gif

Its been over 3 weeks since I shot my rifle..... I think that's the longest time since I bought it.
Looking forward to tomorrow

Can't wait for the match. I may have to plow all night, but hopefully I can catch some zzzzz on the way down. At least I will have an excuse to miss...

We just got home from TVP. Tom, all I can say is, AWESOME place you have there. I had a blast today, cant wait to see the range in the summer. It was a pleasure meeting some fellow hide members a really great group of guys. Im glad we decided to brave the cold and come down and check it out.
Thanks again TOM for having such a killer place to practice long range shooting. All I need now is some "badass glass" with mil dots.

Thanks to everyone that came out today, it was fun. Nice to meet some new shooters and to see some that I haven't seen for while. If you liked it in the cold you will love it when it gets warm.
See you all next time
Wayde

Great time, out at the range today. A big thanks to those that helped out with target location, and distances. Shot a bit better than I thought I might today. Can't wait to try again next time. I took some pictures of the score sheet so if you want to know how you did, pm me and I will get it to you in the am.

It was a lot of fun yesterday and it was great to meet other shooters. Looking forward to making the drive back to TV in the near future.

Aaron