• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Cadex chassis barrel length question.

hangingchads

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2006
Las Vegas (Henderson) Nevada
I am in the planning stages of my next 308 build and want to use a cadex chassis and action. The one thing I can't find out with all the google foo I have is what is the shortest barrel length I can get in a cadex chassis and still run a suppressor on it? I am specifically looking at the Field tactical chassis as I have not much need for the folding stock. Any help would be awesome so I can get my details nailed down a little better on a barrel.

I measured one that we actually just built. I feel like "short as you can go" is sort of perceptive, but if you had your barrel finished at 14.5", the threaded portion would be exposed outside of the forend. If your suppressor was larger in diameter than the inside of the forend, then I would say your safe minimum is 15". Does that make sense? Feel free to give me more details so we can ensure that your build will work out properly.

Attachments

• photo54852.jpg
    photo54852.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 19
  • photo54853.jpg
    photo54853.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 18
I think that answers it, I will be using a specwar 762 so would have to be able to get to the locking collar. I think 16" might be good then as I don't want to pin the brake on. From looking at pictures I could not discern if 16 was too short but you confirmed it for me. Thanks so much for your help!