• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cadex Defence Chassis ... Miracle worker?!

Natestreo

Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Perhaps i'm stretching here a bit, and perhaps i've accidentally spun my head in circles enough to have come up with a good idea ..

Most .260 loads like to be loaded beyond magazine length, in my experience. My hand loads exceed my AI magazine maximum length, for instance. To shoot competitions competitively I want to be loading from a magazine but I do not want to re-tune my load (It's shooting in the .1's with optimal velocity and ES) ... The Cadex chassis allows the magwell to be swapped for long/short actions ...

Theoretically, is it possible to swap my magwell for a long action magazine and then run my short action bolt ... thus allowing me to load rounds in .260 Remington that would otherwise exceed the maximum magazine length?

I have this posted in a Cadex Facebook group and have emailed a company representative with the same question. I'll update the post if I get any information that is substantial. I have a feeling this could be a really, really, really big deal for those of us shooting 6.5mm cartridges if it's possible. It's also very possible that i'm over looking something and blowing steam.

Thoughts?

Would your rounds load and feed from a long action mag? I suspect you'll need to massage the mag lips.

Have you reached out to Patrice at Cadex? He has always been quick to respond to me when I've called or emailed him.

I’ve been working with Darryl, excellent communication and service.

He pointed out an oversight that I had in my original idea, the length of pull on the short action bolt being enough to get behind the rounds in a long action magazine to feed them.

I might have really jumped the gun on this. I sort of extrapolated from guys who are loading short action variants into long actions for these same purposes and wondered if the chassis could be manipulated lol