• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cadex Dual Strike Chassis for Sako TRG22?

RaptorAddict

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2020
Simi Valley, California
So I just purchased my TRG 22 in 6.5 Creedmoor Nov. of 2020. Love that darn thing! But I was looking up chassis's and found the Cadex Dual Strike and it blew my hair back! The debate I'm having is, That TRG fixed stock is absolutely fantastic! Downfall is, needing tools to adjust. The Cadex is just bad ass looking and I see all kinds of adjustment without tools plus areas to mount goodies. But my my concern is, would it be a mistake to pull that Sako off its original stock and put it into a chassis? I'll lose my Sako integrated bipod as well, which I love! Could it be a mistake? Anyone been around the block with this? I use it for long range target and pig hunting. I don't lug the rifle far for pig as I find that open area to stage while waiting for them to to migrate to bed, or out to feed. Thoughts would be appreciated!

I have never handled a Cadex chassis but agree that they do look awesome. I run the KRG rear folding stock on my TRG, which might be something for you to look at too?
What I really wanted to write is that FinnAccuracy makes a TRG bipod adapter for enclosed forends like the Cadex or TRG M10 uses. It is not cheap but then again, cheap and Sako dont usually go along together.

I don’t know about the Cadex or Finn Accuracy but l also use a KRG rear folder with my TRG 22. Very comfortable and adjustable and you keep the awesome sako bipod functionality.

Reactions: RaptorAddict
I have never handled a Cadex chassis but agree that they do look awesome. I run the KRG rear folding stock on my TRG, which might be something for you to look at too?
What I really wanted to write is that FinnAccuracy makes a TRG bipod adapter for enclosed forends like the Cadex or TRG M10 uses. It is not cheap but then again, cheap and Sako dont usually go along together.
I checked ou the bipod adaptor. Looks like I can keep it! Thanks for pointing that out.

Reactions: VargmatII
Cadex is great stuff. The TRG is a great system as well. If you’ve got the cash, it might be a perfect marriage of Finland and Canada. If it upgrades to AICS mags that’s a bonus too

I have my 42 in a Dual Strike, it's a very well built and thought off stock but after using it for over a year I feel that the chassis configuration gives you a solution for folding stock and optics/accessories mounting but it makes the rifle a lot heavier and bulkier it changes the rifle approach completly from a reasonably light field or infantry sniper system to a more of a heavy sniper rifle, I also believe that the original stock was more comfortable.
Just make sure that's what you want and you'll be happy Cadex are really top of the line manufacturers, I am very happy with mine

I have my 42 in a Dual Strike, it's a very well built and thought off stock but after using it for over a year I feel that the chassis configuration gives you a solution for folding stock and optics/accessories mounting but it makes the rifle a lot heavier and bulkier it changes the rifle approach completly from a reasonably light field or infantry sniper system to a more of a heavy sniper rifle, I also believe that the original stock was more comfortable.
Just make sure that's what you want and you'll be happy Cadex are really top of the line manufacturers, I am very happy with mine
I concurr.

The KRG folder is the bees knees, and removes all the weaknesses, both construction and handling wise, that the factory stock has.

I see the Cadex as worth while for heavy, 338LM and the like, cartridges. But 308 and CM does not warrant the need. They are not powerful enough to exploit the weaknesses of the factory stock.

Just curious. What year was your 42 made? Seems several chassis manufacturers only make them for models 2013 and earlier. I asked Cadex the same question and they had to take a look. They say it would have to do with the removal of the trigger guard. So I wonder if that's the issue other manufactueres are having. Does your TRG have allow the ability to remove the trigger guard?

Mine was made at 2008, it's the old one
Yeah I had a feeling. Worries me now that the Cadex is out. KRG may be my only option. Or, my dream rifle for over a decade was the TRG and how it sits now. Maybe I should just leave it. LOL! Expensive regret if I like it as is now and try to change it.

I would leave it, unless u want to install clip on devices or need the folding stock for any reason you really don't need it, in my opinion after doing that it changes all the design approach of the rifle and not really necessary, but it's your rifle and your money
Enjoy what ever you do