• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cadex Kraken firing pin diameter

Bravo6niner

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2017
High Plains
Looking for some info on firing pin diameter on the kraken lapua/Norma bolt in comparison to the AI AXMC.

pretty specific. I think maybe the bigger question is which rifle fits your need. I think Cadex, generally, is one generation ahead of AI. On the multi-caliber chassis, both have their specific use cases, and both are pretty darn good. How do you see yourself using the rifle? My personal opinion is that Cadex is better at the larger calibers.

pretty specific. I think maybe the bigger question is which rifle fits your need. I think Cadex, generally, is one generation ahead of AI. On the multi-caliber chassis, both have their specific use cases, and both are pretty darn good. How do you see yourself using the rifle? My personal opinion is that Cadex is better at the larger calibers.

How does this have anything to do with his question. If you don't know the answer just move along.

Reactions: MACHTECH
Looking for some info on firing pin diameter on the kraken lapua/Norma bolt in comparison to the AI AXMC.

Pretty specific! How about someone answer the man's question.

The kraken f/p diameter is .075" and the clearance hole is .080"

My AXMC has been converted to sfp by LRI. The f/p diameter is .060" and the clearance hole is .065".

I shoot creedmoor and norma out of my kraken and have never had a pierced primer.

Todd

Reactions: GIXXER2000
Thanks for the info @MACHTECH

Exactly what I’m looking for. I’m seeing more primer flow than I would like to see on my 33xc but pretty sure looking at the primer radius and looking for ejector marks I’m not close to pressure. I could bush the bolt on the MC but I’m reluctant to have that done. My thought was if the kraken was tighter tolerance by chance I could maybe consider going that route.