• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cadex recoil reducing rail ?

BurtG

GOLDEN TICKET HOLDER
Supporter
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Nov 9, 2022
    Northeast
    Anyone use one of these ?

What did you mount on it ?

56B7B617-2D5A-4124-8C5B-B31E55D57375.png

9807FFED-CACF-474D-926F-7AE67E6240B3.png

Was considering using these for mounting a TrijiKong on a M2HB and possibly thermal on a scar17. But I see it says “not recommended for optics or rifle scopes with a cross hair”

Guess it’s just for lasers and iron sights idk.

Anyone use one of these ?

What did you mount on it ?

View attachment 8324561

View attachment 8324562

Was considering using these for mounting a TrijiKong on a M2HB and possibly thermal on a scar17. But I see it says “not recommended for optics or rifle scopes with a cross hair”

Guess it’s just for lasers and iron sights idk.
    Definitely seems an interesting caveat 🤔 I wonder if etched reticles qualify?

Reactions: BurtG
    I’ve seen scope mounts by Sportsmatch that absorb recoil. Made for springer air rifles, which I guess are harder on optics than centerfires due to the two way recoil they have (a more extreme version of SCAR recoil).

The air rifle type just uses rubber.

Confusing why Cadex says “no optics with crosshair”. Perhaps whatever recoil absorbing method they use in that mount causes noticeable RTZ issues?

I always assumed that also happened with air rifles too, but that the short distances involved made the RTZ effect pretty unnoticeable for non-BR or Olympic shooting.

And if your iron sights need recoil reduction…you need locktite or to stop hand carrying that GAU-8/A around.

Last edited:
    Reactions: BurtG and AMGtuned