• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cadex Rifles! Opinions on CDX-30 LITE vs the CDX-R7 LCP (Competition)?

RKM556

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2021
Athens, GA
Hello all,

I recently learned that I can special order factory Cadex rifles in Left Hand. Very cool. I'm looking at the two options in the title (with examples linked below). Does anyone have any experience with either chassis? Is the CDX-30 (in the light strike chassis) a large system? 14.2 lbs is pretty heavy for a base rifle, but the ability to mount my clip on is appealing. However, I will mostly be using this rifle for competition work.

Would love any pics of your own or insights in what drove your decision to purchase a specific model or chassis. Thanks so much!

As I understand it. Lite comp has a longer fore end tube and the bipod can get further out. Thats what I have.

IMG_5131.jpeg

Not that its much of an issue if you are buying the complete rifle but I trend to the R7 because it is Rem 700 footprint an could allow more options in that aspect. The CDX-30 is a proprietary footprint but all around badass action also. Looks like the CDX-30 gives you the upgraded buttstock so there is that. They are great rifles and shoot lights out.

Reactions: RKM556