• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cadex Strike Nuke chassis, J Allen killer?

pwmr_rob

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2017
Ok so I know the J Allen has been gaining some headway and is worthy of a strong defense to this, likely to the DBM customization from AW to AICS but damn less then half the price at release? I was completely blown away that Cadex would release something at this price point, I was entirely skeptical when I first clicked on the link.... https://www.cadexdefence.com/products/chassis/strike-nuke/#prettyPhoto
Thoughts? I was considering a J Allen for awhile, no way in hell anymore unless someone can persuade me.

I can tell you right now this will be no where near the quality of a J Allen. I am a traditionalist when it comes to stocks. I prefer the A5 style of stocks but the J Allen is just insanely comfortable, the mag system is top notch and incredibly ingenious. If you haven't actually looked over a J Allen and felt the finish of every single screw in the chassis you won't understand when I say the finish work on the stock in top notch. I would compare this stock from Cadex to the Magpul whatever its call or an expensive Bell and Carlson with some tool less adjustments.

I can tell you right now this will be no where near the quality of a J Allen. I am a traditionalist when it comes to stocks. I prefer the A5 style of stocks but the J Allen is just insanely comfortable, the mag system is top notch and incredibly ingenious. If you haven't actually looked over a J Allen and felt the finish of every single screw in the chassis you won't understand when I say the finish work on the stock in top notch. I would compare this stock from Cadex to the Magpul whatever its call or an expensive Bell and Carlson with some tool less adjustments.

This

No doubt Shaner, they're priced for completely different markets. J Allen buyers want the features of that stock, all the bells and whistles, and will gladly pay a premium for it. The Strike Nuke is obviously built with price in mind, and is little threat to eat much of J Allen's lunch. I'm really itching to see one firsthand, the aesthetics of their stock and features looks like a helluva improvement over the Magpul.

These are not in the same class as mentioned. The JAE is a beautiful stock with fit and finish details turned up to 11, actually more, it's absurd how that stock is made. It's amazing. This Cadex stock is 200 more than our X-ray and doesn't have the features from what I can tell so far. It's 3x the cost of the Magpul Hunter but it's an improvement on that at least. I personally do generally like Cadex stuff (we have two of their new 3 lug rifles) but I don't think this one in particular has anything over on any of the chassis currently available. We'll be getting one in so I'll try to remember to post back in here.
Justin

This is not remotely close to the Magpul, and unless you have seen it, held it, laid down behind it and shot it, it would be difficult if not impossible to properly assess the quality of this product. Seeing pictures of it on the internet IMHO is no way to judge a product's merits. True to Cadex Defence's legendary quality, the fit and finish of this product will follow the same path as any of our other great products whether it be our CDX rifles or our modular chassis systems. This stock is made from a super tough proprietary composite with the billet aluminium CNC machined mini chassis molded into the stock from recoil lug up through the palm and into the butt stock is a feature unique to the Strike Nuke. Don't let the price point fool you...The Strike Nuke as with all of Cadex Defence's products has been built for a lifetime of hard use. Cheers!

Glad to see some industry pros get in on this conversation. I'm getting a clear message that the J Allen is top notch and cant be compared as far as quality or design, and there is no way in hell the Magpul hunter can be compared to the Cadex. I've had the hunter for awhile now and love it for what it is, but its still plastic held together with screws. As far a KRG goes I'm still not crazy about straight grip chassis systems so that is why these traditional style systems are more appealing to me. Maybe I should ask a more direct question, since I am new, what advantages will I truly gain out of the J Allen vs the Cadex? I guess time will tell after people put it through its paces but I am one of those that tries to squeeze out every amount of performance before I have to spend for the top tier items. I've heard the buy once blah blah blah but some people like to at least try and save when the product will do just fine. Thanks for the input

I agree with all the statements regarding J Allen quality. I have my 338LM in one and it's awesome. I took a leap buying one and never handling it but when I got it, a very close look makes it worth it. There is no detail left untouched and it's really a work of art. Definitely worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"True to Cadex Defence's legendary quality"

Cadex is legendary?

While being relatively new to the consumer product game, our company has a very long and very rich history working with Military/SOF forces across the World and I can tell you without a doubt that our Company is very well known for the quality and fit and finish of our products, and while I agree that is always good to "question everything" I can assure you that in certain circles our quality is in fact legendary. Cadex Defence competes with some of the best rifle and chassis builders on the planet, builders such as Accuracy International, JAE, KRG and many, many others and when competing at World Class levels we have no other option but to provide World Class quality with World Class service. Are we the best? That's debatable, I suppose it depends on who you ask. Can we improve? Of course, just like any Company continous improvment is just that...continous and we are constantly striving to improve. Bward If you would like to discuss in finer detail or require more information on our products and services I would love to discuss with you. Feel free to call me anytime at 514-821-7982, Thank You! Shawn Bevins

Reactions: Islas82
Thank You! Shawn Bevins

Sean, I hope you don't mind if I change the topic a bit, the strike nuck chassis looks nice. I wonded what is the smallest framed person this rifle could be adjusted to properly fit. I have a couple of youngsters that might need a .223 soon and I don't want to build one that is too big for them.

Am I the only one that just thinks it's plain ugly? It looks like a blind guy attempted to draw a j allen with his foot and they said good enough to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cwinner
I would love to have a Cadex stock of some variety, but I have a problem with paying a $143 premium to have it fit my Tikka. Shawn if you guys made this thing (Strike Nuke) for a Tikka that would accept the factory CTR mags (I wish more companies would do this) I couldnt give you my money fast enough.

Thank you all for the feedback, currently the Strike Nuke will be available for our Sheepdog (short action) and Shepherd (Long action) actions these are 416 stainless steel, 4 lug, 50 degree bolt-throw and the Remington 700 in both short and long actions, depending on the success of this mini chassis/stock we will be offering it in all other major configurations. Here are the SKU's for the R700 long and short actions:

STKNK‐REM‐RH‐SA Strike Nuke (for Remington 700) Short Action $749.95 MSRP
STKNK‐REM‐RH‐LA Strike Nuke (for Remington 700) Long Action $785.95 MSRP

We appreciate everyone's interest in Cadex Defence products, we will post more detailed pictures soon. If anyone needs more information or requires assistance finding a dealer for the Strike Nuke or any of our other products please email or call me anytime. My e-mail is [email protected] and my cell number is 514-821-7982.

I would love to have a Cadex stock of some variety, but I have a problem with paying a $143 premium to have it fit my Tikka. Shawn if you guys made this thing (Strike Nuke) for a Tikka that would accept the factory CTR mags (I wish more companies would do this) I couldnt give you my money fast enough.

As a Tikka owner, and advocate of them to friends getting started, I typically recommend dropping them into a chassis. Not just because the factory stocks can be a bit flimsy, but so that they can use AICS mags instead of the proprietary Tikka mags. As an alternative, it's my understanding that some folks are inletting their Tikka stocks to take CDI or similar bottom metal?

Im truly curious as to why you'd want to spend the money on a chassis and still be wedded to the proprietary Tikka mags? Only reason I could envision is if a shooter already had $3-400 tied up in some extra mags and wanted to stick with them.

As a Tikka owner, and advocate of them to friends getting started, I typically recommend dropping them into a chassis. Not just because the factory stocks can be a bit flimsy, but so that they can use AICS mags instead of the proprietary Tikka mags. As an alternative, it's my understanding that some folks are inletting their Tikka stocks to take CDI or similar bottom metal?

Im truly curious as to why you'd want to spend the money on a chassis and still be wedded to the proprietary Tikka mags? Only reason I could envision is if a shooter already had $3-400 tied up in some extra mags and wanted to stick with them.

For a few reasons really. I already own (3) of the factory CTR mags and I love them. 10rd double stack single feed mags have a much lower profile than the 10rd AICS mag, are very strudy, and I have yet to have an issue with them feeding anything. To me the AI mags do not really provide a significant savings since the less expensive Magpuls don't work with the Tikka action without grinding the crap out of the feed lips. A good 10rd AICS mag goes for around $70-$80. If you shop around the Tikka's are around $100. The $20 more is worth it to me to have lower profile 10 rd mag.

For a few reasons really. I already own (3) of the factory CTR mags and I love them. 10rd double stack single feed mags have a much lower profile than the 10rd AICS mag, are very strudy, and I have yet to have an issue with them feeding anything. To me the AI mags do not really provide a significant savings since the less expensive Magpuls don't work with the Tikka action without grinding the crap out of the feed lips. A good 10rd AICS mag goes for around $70-$80. If you shop around the Tikka's are around $100. The $20 more is worth it to me to have lower profile 10 rd mag.

Makes sense, thanks for the thoughtful explanation.

Back on the main topic, I don't have a dog in the Cadex/JAE discussion since I own neither chassis. However, I used a fair amount of Cadex accessories in the sandbox with the Canadian Army and would have no qualms whatsoever trusting the durability or quality of anything they made. I also wouldn't expect a $700 chassis to be as meticulously detailed and anointed with unicorn tears as one in the vicinity of $2k. Nor would I of a scope, rifle, etc that cost a fraction of its competition.

JAE hands down...they have put so much effort into making the chassis as perfect as one can get. Trying to compare these two is not even possible. It's apples and oranges. To the OP, get behind both of them and make your decision and get your checkbook out for your own JAE bc I'm sure you'll see the the difference right away...

Defiantly not a jallen killer, however much superior to the magpul or any other chassis at that price point.

Attachments

• B0CA13B4-8386-4296-864A-9F40C0B03FDD.jpeg
    B0CA13B4-8386-4296-864A-9F40C0B03FDD.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 177
Reactions: Lost_Phil
I handled one recently. I did not like the sharp hump at the top of the grip where the thumb rests. Otherwise it was a nice chassis.

I would still choose the KRG Bravo over it every time.

Ok so I know the J Allen has been gaining some headway and is worthy of a strong defense to this, likely to the DBM customization from AW to AICS but damn less then half the price at release? I was completely blown away that Cadex would release something at this price point, I was entirely skeptical when I first clicked on the link.... https://www.cadexdefence.com/products/chassis/strike-nuke/#prettyPhoto
Thoughts? I was considering a J Allen for awhile, no way in hell anymore unless someone can persuade me.

Looks like the only thing it shares in common with a JAE is the adjustable cheek piece.
Few differences right away, there's
- no Arca rail option for the Cadex
- You only get the option for one small rail section at the front of the forend
- The bag rider is non adjustable for angle
- the magwell certainly can't be adjusted
- there's no place for a hoptic quiver
- no QD removal for the cheek piece
- no weight kit option
- only QD sling attachment is in the rear (non in the front)

And that’s not even getting into the finer details of the JAE chassis. I have a Cadex lite comp chassis and it’s a fine piece of work, but I’ve also got a JAE and I’m not gonna confuse the strike nuke with having near the same amount of features.
Definitely a big improvement over a magpul, but I don’t see how this is better than a krg bravo.