• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cadex Strike Nuke Vs. KRG Bravo

RFutch

Yoohoo. I'll make you famous.
Minuteman
  • Sep 28, 2010
    Georgia
    Anyone have both? How do they compare?

I have multiple Bravos and I am wondering how the Strike Nuke feels in comparison. Mostly concerned with the grip area and reach to the trigger.

Thanks

I am in process of building two Rem 700 actions with Remage barrels and I am now looking at what chassis I want to put them in. I have a KRG Bravo 308 build and like the chassis, so I keep looking at the KRG X-Ray for these two builds, but I do like the Cadex Strike Nuke.

So I am kind of in the same boat and I wonder if the Strike Nuke has the space to take a Remage barrel? The only other thing I see that might be an issue is the weight, 3 LB for the X-Ray and 5 LB for the Strike Nuke. Every thing else I have come across seems pretty good, like the trigger spacing from the grip.

This is what I found thread wise on Strike Nuke.....

Cadex Strike Nuke Evo
    SH Cadex Strike Nuke Chassis Deal

Reactions: RFutch
    Admittedly, I don't have a Strike Nuke, but I do have a Bravo. Looking at Cadex' site, I'm not seeing anything that the Nuke does that the Bravo does not with the addition of KRG's height adjustable buttpad, and it looks like KRG will still be less $$$. Of course this is subjective, but the name and the aesthetics are a big turn off for me personally.

I get it, I have 3 Bravos. Wanting something different this time.

I get as well, but I have several Bravos builds as well, and one Oryx chassis build. I also have tried a few MDT chassis (HS and LSS) and found I am not much of a full chassis guy. Though I would think about a AI AT chassis since it warped in plastic like the KRG is.

Now after searching the forums some more, I did find these two post that answered my questions.
    Feel and Fit of Strike Nuke
    TL3 With Remage Barrel and Nut

As it looks right now, I am planning on using the Strike Nuke in both of my Rem 700 builds. I also like the fact that the long action takes CIP magazines.

Just an update on this, I did order one short and one long action chassis, and will be getting them in about 10 weeks. Once I get them, I will do a short review of them. One thing I did learn on the long action chassis, it has spacers to let you use 3.715/3.775/3.850 size mags, which is cool feature. Here is the link to my barrels which I just received.

Reactions: The D
    Tagging in. I’m interested in this chassis too and waiting impatiently for more info

Strike nuke is a great option. Compares favorably in feel to a McMillan or Manners but at a substantial savings. While the bravo is similar the Cadex felt more durable and fit better

Unfortunately I only own the bravo. Yesterday at a match though, in my squad we had 1 bravo, 1 mdt xrs and 2 strike nukes. I got to handle all three for a short period of time but didn’t shoot with them! They all felt nice. I love my bravo’s but I’m hoping I can meet up with these guys ans spend some time with there set up as it has me thinking now.

I will wade in, with only 1/2 of a perspective. :cool:

I have followed KRG, and they seem to build an affordable and usable chassis, but I have no experience with the brand, other than some admiration from afar.

In my view, Cadex does not make a bad product. Even their budget and hunting rifles and chassis are great products. We are Cadex dealers, but we sell other brands. I have hands-on experience with a number of Cadex products, and have spent time in the Cadex factory. Everything is top-notch. It would take a lot for me to choose another brand, given the same general price range, unless there was a strong reason to not buy Cadex. For instance, I like the AI and the Barrett ASR multiple barrel guns probably over the Kracken. Barrel swap guns are a different breed.

Update.......

Cadex should be shipping out my Strike Nuke Evo chassis by October 27 and I am hoping to have them by November. I will put a video of them up once I get them in near future.

Well I just received my two Strike Nuke Evo chassis yesterday and did a short video of them today. The quality is top notch and surprisingly they feel like a Macmillan A4/A5 and are well balanced. They are heavier then a KRG Bravo or the MDT XRS by about 1 to 2 pounds and priced about 100-150$ more as well. But if you are looking for the feel of an A4 type stock and do not have the money, they are a good budget alternative.

SNE Riflesx.JPG

By no means am I a video expert, so take the video with a grain of salt. :D

Here are a few pics I took as well at the bottom.....

Attachments

• Barrel Channelx.JPG
      Barrel Channelx.JPG
      339.2 KB · Views: 150
    • Barrel Gap 1xx.JPG
      Barrel Gap 1xx.JPG
      176.5 KB · Views: 144
    • Barrel Gap 2xx.JPG
      Barrel Gap 2xx.JPG
      166.9 KB · Views: 133
    • Barrel Gap 3x.JPG
      Barrel Gap 3x.JPG
      157.3 KB · Views: 126
    • Bottom Metal 1xx.JPG
      Bottom Metal 1xx.JPG
      413.6 KB · Views: 164
    • Bottom Metal 2xx.JPG
      Bottom Metal 2xx.JPG
      510.5 KB · Views: 138
    • Bottom Wellxx.JPG
      Bottom Wellxx.JPG
      419.2 KB · Views: 145
    Well I just received my two Strike Nuke Evo chassis yesterday and did a short video of them today. The quality is top notch and surprisingly they feel like a Macmillan A4/A5 and are well balanced. They are heavier then a KRG Bravo or the MDT XRS by about 1 to 2 pounds and priced about 100-150$ more as well. But if you are looking for the feel of an A4 type stock and do not have the money, they are a good budget alternative.

View attachment 7731479

By no means am I a video expert, so take the video with a grain of salt. :D

Here are a few pics I took as well at the bottom.....

Thanks for the video and pics. The strike nuke may have crept ahead of the bravo for me

Reactions: Lost_Phil
    Thanks for the video and pics. The strike nuke may have crept ahead of the bravo for me
    Funny that this thread gets brought up. I purchased a used Strike Nuke evo from the px a few weeks ago. I haven’t done anything other than fondle it so I can’t give any real info yet. Initial impressions are pretty sweet though

Thanks for the reply. It's weird that so many nice stocks simply don't have this feature.