• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cadex Strike Pro chassis is finally here...

TEUFEL820

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2018
Texas
Just received my Strike Pro chassis. I'm going to put it through its paces and report back. So far my initial impressions are good but time will tell. Sitting on it is a Terminus Zeus with a Proof CC 26" barrel.
tempImageuLCKGn.jpg

For someone who has never had a chassis rifle, how does that grip feel? Standing and prone. Looks to me it would twist the hell out of your wrist.

For someone who has never had a chassis rifle, how does that grip feel? Standing and prone. Looks to me it would twist the hell out of your wrist.

hopefully it has a quick LOP adjustment, theres where it would be okay. you change it depending on where you need it. though, looks like an AR style so you could change it out?

The grip to me feels normal. I'm used to vertical grips both prone and off barricades or benchrest. If you are used to the standard swept grip like a hunting stock it may feel weird at first.

hopefully it has a quick LOP adjustment, theres where it would be okay. you change it depending on where you need it. though, looks like an AR style so you could change it out?
Yes the length of pull is adjustable and no tools are required. As for the grip it resembles an AR grip with a large swell where your palm would rest. You can change the grip to whatever AR style you'd like with this chassis.
tempImagezCgwhE.jpg

The grip to me feels normal. I'm used to vertical grips both prone and off barricades or benchrest. If you are used to the standard swept grip like a hunting stock it may feel weird at first.
I think it all comes down to what you're used to. For me, I can't think of a single discipline outside sporting clays/skeet/trap where I wouldn't want a vertical grip. It's just what feels "right" to me having spent so much time with rifles setup that way.

Reactions: Stoweit
I like Cadex as a company, but you just need to be careful of changing things only to be different. This chassis appears to have that going on, if it was meant to be for competition.
Best of luck to Cadex, I have zero doubts it is a first class, quality bit of gear.

I like Cadex as a company, but you just need to be careful of changing things only to be different. This chassis appears to have that going on, if it was meant to be for competition.
Best of luck to Cadex, I have zero doubts it is a first class, quality bit of gear.
I agree. That's why I'm holding on to my old chassis. I'm going to run it at matches and see how I like it. One thing I disliked was the process of installing the barreled action. Much more involved than just the two action bolts. You have to remove the grip module and mag well to gain access to the action bolts. Time will tell. I will report back later.

I agree. That's why I'm holding on to my old chassis. I'm going to run it at matches and see how I like it. One thing I disliked was the process of installing the barreled action. Much more involved than just the two action bolts. You have to remove the grip module and mag well to gain access to the action bolts. Time will tell. I will report back later.
I just picked one of these up last week and was surprised at the same process of mounting the action into the chassis. However, once dialed in the chassis is what I believe is one of the best chassis solutions on the market today. I am very much looking forward to your eval of the chassis.

Reactions: TEUFEL820
Does removing the magwell and grip give you enough room to remove a pinned in trigger? If it does, id say it's a good thing.

I see you sold it in the end. Any final thoughts?
IMO it's a solid chassis. I liked just about everything about it but one thing that bothered me. The small thing was the process to install the action. The magwell and grip module has to complete come off to install/remove the action. The module assembly has a couple of sliding tee nuts that can be easily lost in the field. Not a big deal but something to be mindful of. What broke me was the trigger/grip interface distance. The grip module has the ability to shift forward or back. I had mine set as close to the trigger as the module would allow and still found it a little too long for me. I used an MPA BA chassis prior to this one and the trigger/grip distance was perfect. I now have a Foundation Centurion and the grip/trigger distance is also perfect. I kept my MPA for hunting/field use. As I mentioned before it's not a bad chassis it just did not fit me correctly even after been adjusted.

Exactly what I was looking for. The trigger distance is likely too long for me then as well.

Reactions: Gil P.