• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CAL goes 45 and more

Kasey

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2003
www.accu-shot.com
So a long time friend that's pretty well known in this community did some T&E for us with the Atlas CAL bipod and suggested we provide additional CANT. The original CAL have 30 degrees, today they have 45 degrees of total Cant. We have been shipping the 45 degree models for some time, I'm just not sure when we started. Here is a link that shows how you can tell the difference on the 30* vs 45* mounts. We are selling this upgrade part (NC or 2 screw clamp-on) for the end user to install for those that need/want it. https://www.accu-shot.com/catalog_new/hardware/272-bt71-ml45-cal-nc-mount.html

Also, we have upgraded our leg position buttons that makes manipulation a ton easier, instead of being about .350 diameter, today they are .5 diameter on the PSR, CAL and 5-H models.

I can't believe SHOT show is just around the corner... We will be introducing some new gear here before SHOT and as always give the SH community first crack at them with introduction pricing.

So a long time friend that's pretty well known in this community did some T&E for us with the Atlas CAL bipod and suggested we provide additional CANT. The original CAL have 30 degrees, today they have 45 degrees of total Cant. We have been shipping the 45 degree models for some time, I'm just not sure when we started. Here is a link that shows how you can tell the difference on the 30* vs 45* mounts. We are selling this upgrade part (NC or 2 screw clamp-on) for the end user to install for those that need/want it. https://www.accu-shot.com/catalog_new/hardware/272-bt71-ml45-cal-nc-mount.html

Also, we have upgraded our leg position buttons that makes manipulation a ton easier, instead of being about .350 diameter, today they are .5 diameter on the PSR, CAL and 5-H models.

I can't believe SHOT show is just around the corner... We will be introducing some new gear here before SHOT and as always give the SH community first crack at them with introduction pricing.

I almost bit the bullet on a CAL recently, but now I can hear my poor, abused credit card cussing about the new stuff....

Sigh...

Are the larger leg position buttons available as an upgrade? (I'm in for 3 pair)

Reactions: Skunkworx
I’d also like to know if the larger diameter leg position buttons will be user-upgradable on older Atlas bipods. Thanks!

I almost bit the bullet on a CAL recently, but now I can hear my poor, abused credit card cussing about the new stuff....

Sigh...
Lol, only if you believe it will help your shooting experience.

Are the larger leg position buttons available as an upgrade? (I'm in for 3 pair)

First, Thank you for your patronage! Please give us till end of week to sort out the logistics on that, but the short answer will be yes, we will make this upgrade to existing Atlas bipods available and at a reasonable cost.

So let's say I have a Gen 1 CAL that still needs upgraded to a gen 2....

So we'll still do Gen 1 to Gen 2 conversion at no cost (you pay to return it) and can upgrade with Gen 2 buttons at same time at a reasonable cost. If you're in UK we need to make some considerations for shipping.

I’d also like to know if the larger diameter leg position buttons will be user-upgradable on older Atlas bipods. Thanks!

Hi Sam, I wish I had an engineers brain for organization/record keeping matters.... In a matter like this, our willingness to revise our product at anytime to make it better, has bit us back. A visible historic change such as when we went to the current 4 lug Tension Wheel from the 5 lug is without value to changes we made to parts that are not as easy to distinguish. So to keep the desired result predictable, these conversions will be in-house.

Thanks again, one and all for your patronage, we appreciate it.

Sounds good @Kasey , no worries on sending a bipod in. Hell, I've been looking for an excuse to pick up another PSR, now that I know my "old" one with the 5-lug wheel and small buttons is "outdated" I might just do it :)

Reactions: Kasey
Love the CAL. Just happened to get the newest version before you posted here. I also notice that the legs now have four retention holes for the feet.

Literally just received my “old style” CAL Gen 2 yesterday afternoon. ? ?‍♂️

We have decided that this .50 button upgrade from the .359 button will be done in-house for 35.00 which includes return shipping for domestic addresses. International addresses will cost more and be individually quoted at Customer Service - [email protected]

Please understand this .50 button is an UPGRADE issue not a functionality issue which we would address at no cost.

Thank you one and all for your patronage and patience with the CAL. I hope those that have persevered through the CAL experience have realized a positive outcome. I learned a ton....

We have decided that this .50 button upgrade from the .359 button will be done in-house for 35.00 which includes return shipping for domestic addresses. International addresses will cost more and be individually quoted at Customer Service - [email protected]

Please understand this .50 button is an UPGRADE issue not a functionality issue which we would address at no cost.

Thank you one and all for your patronage and patience with the CAL. I hope those that have persevered through the CAL experience have realized a positive outcome. I learned a ton....

I saw that the 45° pivot is available to be done at home. Can I order the larger buttons to do at home?

The .359 buttons are easy enough to remove. Are there additional parts that need to be changed to make this upgrade work?

My bipod is critical equipment for me, and I have matches on just about every weekend. I don’t want to lose it for the time it would take to ship it off to you for repair, when I could order parts and do the same job at home in a few minutes time.

Reactions: DOA and littlepod
I saw that the 45° pivot is available to be done at home. Can I order the larger buttons to do at home?

The .359 buttons are easy enough to remove. Are there additional parts that need to be changed to make this upgrade work?

My bipod is critical equipment for me, and I have matches on just about every weekend. I don’t want to lose it for the time it would take to ship it off to you for repair, when I could order parts and do the same job at home in a few minutes time.

Thank you for your business, I addressed your email.

The CAL Bipod is awesome, I am rocking them hardcore,

I have to say, not to change the subject, with the Victor Company Atlas tool, you can take all the pan movement out of the original, I carry the tool on the line for classes and tighten them right. up, and BOOM, awesome sauce

Another area the CAL and Atlas excel is the Extensions, we notice with the extension on the B&T Bipods are much more stable and rigid, some of the others have reverse flex at the joint, but not the B&T stuff

Reactions: Lawless
The CAL Bipod is awesome, I am rocking them hardcore,

I have to say, not to change the subject, with the Victor Company Atlas tool, you can take all the pan movement out of the original, I carry the tool on the line for classes and tighten them right. up, and BOOM, awesome sauce

Another area the CAL and Atlas excel is the Extensions, we notice with the extension on the B&T Bipods are much more stable and rigid, some of the others have reverse flex at the joint, but not the B&T stuff

Thank you sir. We’ll have some newness at SHOT so if you got time, stop by 20135 in LE section. Coffee would be awesome...

Reactions: Skunkworx