• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Caldwell Flash Bang Distance?

cameljockey230

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2023
NorCal
How far has anyone used these lights out to?
How many lights are you using at each distance?
We have the lights but it's deer season so nobody has tried them at distance yet.

I was at a match recently where they were being used. At 800 yards, they worked about half the time, but we were shooting 5.56. I was surprised they worked as well as they did, considering the distance and caliber being used.

Caldwell "Flash Bang" LED shot indicators, $30, work well too. I recently used them to shoot 2428 yards with a 6.5 Creedmoor. They flash green LEDs for 6 seconds after the hit. You can easily see the lights from your rifle scope and spotting scope.
From another thread. With that info I'd imagine with a 375 they work at 2 miles no problem.

We have been using these at our 1000yd range and they have been working on all distances out to 1000yds with a variety of guns, BPCR ,Military ,Varmint matches. We've run them out past 300m with rimfire and no problems. One had 3 of the LED's shot off and continued to work. Pretty impressed for such a low dollar item!

Reactions: lash
Color me intrigued…. I’ll have to google this.

From another thread. With that info I'd imagine with a 375 they work at 2 miles no problem.
Took the Caldwells out to 2800 yards successfully on labor day weekend in 100 deg F heat and heavy mirage shooting the 6.5 Creedmoor. Was the only way I picked up my hits. (In pic, single Caldwell on top of target)
1000006796.jpg

Last edited: