• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Calf KILLERS!

bbear

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2011
South Dakota USA
Got the call from an old Rancher a few years back about helping him with his coyote problem during calving season. He said they were flocking to his pasture and running off with his newborns. This year alone they've killed 4 and ate the ass out of another while they had it's mother run off. One of his cows died and they had it cleaned out in 2 days. Tracks on top of tracks on top of tracks he said. Admittedly he's getting old and too slow on the gun to hit anything anymore, on top of that his sons and another hunter were out to try and kill a few and came away with an O-fer. They've been driving around and shooting at them along with some calling from their primos alpha dog e-caller. After hearing that I knew these dogs were smart and I'd have my work cut out for me. I had about 3 sections of land to concentrate on so my plan was to do more spot and stalk with long patient sets of periodic calling. I got the call around the 10th of March and over the course of the next 3 weeks was able to make it out on 4 different occasions. The first 2 trips were extremely slow...came away with only one dog. The next 2 were a different story.....here you go. Enjoy!

Overwatch

Double....sometimes they just can't resist stopping to see what that sound was.

Partner got away but oh well. Hopefully he got the message.

Dead dog walking

Waiting for his 4 buddies to catch up.

They caught up....another double.

40 yd face shot right up the pie hole

The Graveyard

Killing coyotes, it's one of my favorite things to do, but when you get to help an old Rancher out it takes it to a whole new level of satisfaction. This old boy lost 11 cattle in a nasty winter storm last fall and was taking more of a beating by these calf killers. I know he appreciates the hell out of it too. I can see it in his face every time I show him a dead dog. There are a dozen sets of his tire tracks down at the graveyard, must make him feel good to stop by and check them out. I'd like to think I saved at least one of his calves, if only one it's better than none and I had a blast doing it.

Rest easy lil buddy:)

I would love a place like that to go coyote hunting. Nice shooting!

Nicely done.....
I've got a rancher that wants to see some dead coyotes on his ranch...
Maybe next weekend

Good shootin!

What cartridge were you using and what was the longest shot?
Didn't have to stretch her out too much. The second yote on the first double crossed a draw and was going up the other side when he stopped for a look at 350. The rest were inside 200.

Longrifles inc. 6mm creedmoor
manners t5a mini chassis
Jewel HVR
22" bartlein heavy varmint
Suppressor is SRT Shadow XL TI
105 berger hybrids at 3050

Scope is NF NXS 22x56 npr1 moa ret

Perfect tool for the job.
Well done sir.

Cool Thread! Can you post more? MORE DOG KILLIN'!!!!

Well done!

I've met the locals around the land I just purchased, and made it known that I can reach out a bit farther than most everyone else around there. The farmers and ranchers gave me the "cleared hot" on all coyotes and hogs on their land. Since November, 4 have died and none have been educated, and I've yet to set up a call. I just make sure and take the 260 with me every time I go to work on my place. But, I got nuthin on you! That's a hell of a grave yard!

very nice pile you have there, that is my most favorite thing to do also you have the right set of tools for the task.
thanks for sharing