• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

California’s neutered Kel-Tec 308 Bullpup (RFB)

Linkpimp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2010
So-Cal / OC Area
Hey team,
I just wanted to let you know / show you what a Cali Neutered RFB looks like..

IMG_7125.jpg

IMG_7127.jpg

IMG_7126.jpg

IMG_7128.jpg

IMG_7134.jpg

IMG_7132.jpg

Re: California’s neutered Kel-Tec 308 Bullpup (RFB)

IMG_7131.jpg

Here’s a side-by side compression with my ACR: It’s really, really small..

IMG_7136.jpg

Here is everything it came with:

(1) sling
(1) 20rd rebuild kit
(1) 10-20 round mag
(1) Owners book

IMG_7137.jpg

P.S.
For those who don't know, this is the 308 that pop’s shells..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Xqa2vwq60

They thanks for your time team and have a great one

Link..

P.S. / Just in case:
That is a Fake can / suppressor, I had to extend the overall length of the rifle to at least 30”, the BB bites too but at least it’s legal and it something new to shoot..

YES.. Yes it is.. I would be jail now if it wasn’t.. Got to love Cali.. NOT.. I had the extend the over length to meet our 30” min law..

Gotta do what you gotta do. How do you like it? Is the Bullet Button a REAL pain with the bullpup configuration of the RFB?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oodin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gotta do what you gotta do. How do you like it? Is the Bullet Button a REAL pain with the bullpup configuration of the RFB? </div></div>

I just got it a day or two ago so I haven’t had the opportunity to shoot it yet.. I was hopping to this weekend but I need to play dad and just don't have anytime.. Hopefully I’ll find some time next week to shoot and provide a field report..

YES.. the BB sucks.. but being a bullpup doesn’t make it really any harder, they are all pretty much the same..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shawn_c992001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From that vid it looks like it has some pretty stiff recoil. </div></div>

IDK... it's a 308 how much kick can it have.. I'm 6',2"~ 215lbs so I don’t think it bother me too much... well see..

Hey thanks for your time everybody and have a great weekend

Link.

There was a guy running one of these at the local Tactical Carbine match last week. It was the first one I'd seen in person actually at a range (not in a store). It's a pretty cool little rifle but I've always liked bullpups. I really like the forward ejection. I used my MSAR STG in a match and if they specified "weak hand" I was going to have to take a procedural or shoot it like a pistol to keep from ejecting into my ear.

Link,
What exactly do you mean by "California neutered"? Is it like the AR's w/fixed mags or do you mean having to extend the OAL?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Linkpimp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">YES.. the BB sucks.. but being a bullpup doesn’t make it really any harder, they are all pretty much the same..</div></div>I was just wondering if the placement of the mag release was more awkward compared to an AR, especially when coupled with the BB mechanism.

Well at least you wont be slinging hot brass onto the guys face shooting next to you.

I'm not saying it's not cool, or that I wouldn't buy one, but I wonder how that brass ejection would work in mud, etc.

It's like it's got a large intestine for brass on that thing. Have you shot it much?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AlterEgo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not saying it's not cool, or that I wouldn't buy one, but I wonder how that brass ejection would work in mud, etc.

It's like it's got a large intestine for brass on that thing. Have you shot it much? </div></div>

Yah,

looks like a stiff headwind or trying to shoot slightly up hill and it would cause problems.

And of course the 20 round magazines are the 10 rounders that have the length of a 20 right? I am sure the video was taken when you went to Arizona.

Any video or demonstration on clearing a malfunction?

Didn't someone just throw a "fit" over the GSG-5 fake can? Is this setup susceptible to that same "fit"?

is the little metal box behind the magwell part of the cali mods? its a nice little package

You gotta love california and their ignorance, glad I moved from there many years ago. Nice little package even if it has been cut...

I want to know how you got one of these, I have 3 of my dealers looking for 5 of these and can't get even one to save my life. Grats on the cool rifle, sorry it has to be California screwed. Glad I moved out of there.

Hey thanks guys.. I'll try my best to answer all of your questions.
1. that is not me in the video, that is just an example of what / how it looks like when it firing that all
2. The rifle as gone through extensive testing or a least that’s what I'm told on the KelTec forums.. I don’t know about the mud thing??
3. I have old pre purchased 20 rd mags I can use with it or I can use the new 10rds ones.. either way works as long as you have the mags before 2000 your golden.. after that your SOL..
4. Yes the black box behind the magwell is the BB feature.. yes it sucks but at least it legal.
5. No i don’t have any video of it yet, Hell I haven’t shoot it yet either.. I cant find the time.. But I'm looking forward to trying it out.. I'll report back with pics..
6. All it took was $$$.. Here's the breakdown on what it took to get it to Cali and why its the first one here.. Hahahaa

$1,900 for the gun
200.00 for the guy just to sell it to a Cali guy..
$320.00 for the custom BB (remember its the first one and it took 6 weeks) and fake can
$150.00 for the dross.. Had to do it twice ie the 6 weeks

Total cost to be the first shmuck with it in the f-ed up state... Too much money... hahahaa..

But I’ve having fun wit it too..

IMG_7210.jpg

I thought Kel-Tecs were supposed to be *affordable*...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AlterEgo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not saying it's not cool, or that I wouldn't buy one, but I wonder how that brass ejection would work in mud, etc.

It's like it's got a large intestine for brass on that thing. Have you shot it much? </div></div>

Yah,

looks like a stiff headwind or trying to shoot slightly up hill and it would cause problems. </div></div>

Does a stiff wind or shooting uphill stop a pistols slide from returning to battery?

I don't get how wind or an incline would stop an object from being pushed forward by strong spring pressure......

On the Kel-Tec forums, people have inquired about possible ejection issues. Test by owners in the field have shown that these concerns are more imaginary than real. The RFB has a double extractor that really shoves the spent round into the front ejection tube which is hexogonal.

hillary.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Linkpimp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$1,900 for the gun </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanPopper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On the Kel-Tec forums, people have inquired about possible ejection issues. Test by owners in the field have shown that these concerns are more imaginary than real. The RFB has a double extractor that really shoves the spent round into the front ejection tube which is hexogonal. </div></div>

Correct Sir.. the concerns are more imaginary than anything else..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
hillary.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Linkpimp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$1,900 for the gun </div></div>

</div></div>

hahahaaaa LOVE the pic...

so what does the BB, bullet button? do? what is its function? did i miss that part? i know it makes it legal, but mechanically, what does it do?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so what does the BB, bullet button? do? what is its function? did i miss that part? i know it makes it legal, but mechanically, what does it do? </div></div>
I think the device requires use of a bullet tip to release the magazine. This "makes" the mag "not readily" detachable or something, taking off one "disqualifying" Evil Black Rifle feature and allowing another to remain, like the conspicuously protruding pistol grip.

Legislative language chasing imaginary hobgoblins sometimes makes me laugh. With a suitably de-fanged pool of victims, most of the mass murder shootings of the last 30 years could have been equally dreadful if perpetrated by a shooter capable of handling a single-shot or a double-barrel hunting gun.

Yup, I've noticed that the murder rates in most US locales are going down since the federal AWB sunsetted in late 2004. Maybe gang-bangers are being deterred by those newly-available bayonet lugs?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Linkpimp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey thanks guys.. I'll try my best to answer all of your questions.
1. that is not me in the video, that is just an example of what / how it looks like when it firing that all
2. The rifle as gone through extensive testing or a least that’s what I'm told on the KelTec forums.. I don’t know about the mud thing??
3. I have old pre purchased 20 rd mags I can use with it or I can use the new 10rds ones.. either way works as long as you have the mags before 2000 your golden.. after that your SOL..
4. Yes the black box behind the magwell is the BB feature.. yes it sucks but at least it legal.
5. No i don’t have any video of it yet, Hell I haven’t shoot it yet either.. I cant find the time.. But I'm looking forward to trying it out.. I'll report back with pics..
6. All it took was $$$.. Here's the breakdown on what it took to get it to Cali and why its the first one here.. Hahahaa

$1,900 for the gun
$320.00 for the custom BB (remember its the first one and it took 6 weeks) and fake can

Total cost to be the first shmuck with it in the f-ed up state... Too much money... hahahaa..

IMG_7210.jpg

</div></div>

Don't use the 20 rounders. You can use the pre ban mags on pre ban rifles. You can't use them on your "OLL" style rifle. They are restricted to 10 rounds max on a "fixed" magazine OLL. As for bullet buttons, they are a magazine release that requires a tool to release the magazine. That tool can be anything other than a body part (finger). The "Bullet Button" is the name given by the company that first made them and was designed to use the tip of a bullet to release the mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Linkpimp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey thanks guys.. I'll try my best to answer all of your questions.

$1,900 for the gun

IMG_7210.jpg

</div></div>

Don't use the 20 rounders. You can use the pre ban mags on pre ban rifles. You can't use them on your "OLL" style rifle. They are restricted to 10 rounds max on a "fixed" magazine OLL. As for bullet buttons, they are a magazine release that requires a tool to release the magazine. That tool can be anything other than a body part (finger). The "Bullet Button" is the name given by the company that first made them and was designed to use the tip of a bullet to release the mag. </div></div>

that's so sad...

I've never heard of such a thing... holy crap... I would never move there, even if I was offered a 200K a year job.

That kind of money, I think I'd rather find a M1 Garand in with a 308 "tanker" conversion done is I were stuck with stoopid laws like Cali.

The paint makes it all worthwhile though.

The best thing I like about this gun is the fact that this guy is saying FU to all those crap CA state laws and regulations around owning guns and doing so in a legal manner.

If anything this goes to show what a little work can get ya if you go through the motions but then again this is CA where living here is a pain in itself not to mention trying to be pro 2ndA

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Hey Limkpimp, any long-term reports on your RFB yet?

The forward ejection looks like a jam waiting to happen. i dont like it. Whats the point of it anyway?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jig Stick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The forward ejection looks like a jam waiting to happen. i dont like it. Whats the point of it anyway?</div></div>

The point is that you can shoot it from either shoulder without having hot brass ejecting into your cheek at 50 MPH. Ever suffered from a beard-induced failure-to-eject? It's a unique experience that I guarantee you'll never do more than once.
wink.gif

so its really just geared towards left handed shooters?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That kind of money, I think I'd rather find a M1 Garand in with a 308 "tanker" conversion done is I were stuck with stoopid laws like Cali.
.</div></div>
^^^^^ This is the best answer