• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

California 10 day wait is no more?

VoxPatriam

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2014
Some crappy desert
Got an email today from the CrossRoads of the West gun show people that a federal judge in CA has just ruled that after your first gun purchase/background check and 10 day waiting period, any further firearm purchases do not fall under the mandatory 10 day waiting period. Can anyone verify this?

Got an email today from the CrossRoads of the West gun show people that a federal judge in CA has just ruled that after your first gun purchase/background check and 10 day waiting period, any further firearm purchases do not fall under the mandatory 10 day waiting period. Can anyone verify this?
Yes it is true. But the court gave the DOJ some time to figure out how they are going to accommodate this. First time gun owners will still have to wait though

One handgun in 30 days still applies. It's almost like rationing welfare food,gas, and birth control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being as I live in California and I'm pretty good about keeping abreast of changes like this and I've heard zero about it, I'm going to say, ROFLMFAO until it actually happens and go look it up myself. California has a history of violating judicial orders, injunctions, the state and federal constitutions, state and federal law and administrative regulations. When they get called on the carpet about it they just worm through another illegal ordinance and that has to be fought all over again. I wouldn't get too excited.

Being as I live in California and I'm pretty good about keeping abreast of changes like this and I've heard zero about it, I'm going to say, ROFLMFAO until it actually happens and go look it up myself. California has a history of violating judicial orders, injunctions, the state and federal constitutions, state and federal law and administrative regulations. When they get called on the carpet about it they just worm through another illegal ordinance and that has to be fought all over again. I wouldn't get too excited.
I have heard all about it and have had several emails from Cheaper than Dirt to several other firearms related companies and coalitions... weird that you haven't heard about it

Yes the state is good at taking the legal out and giving it to the illegals. You probably have more rights not being a legal American. This is clearly a victory. It's always one small step at a time and I believe the internet has a lot to do with it as members are more educators and organized to fight these crimes against humanity. Just like Egypt and Syria - at the sign of the first uprising they cut the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its true. Should go into effect February 2015, just in time for me to pick up that HK 45c or Sig 220 Dark Elite Carry:)

Well its good that they're getting rid of it. Too bad it isn't instant though. I have a rifle in 10 day jail right now.

And this is why many people will not move to that state. Here in Florida, walk in with my CCW permit, walk out with gun same time. No need to wait 10 days to be able to take possession of a firearm.

Absolutely. I'm from FL. I'm stationed in CA though. VA was awesome regarding firearm purchases too. Plus it was open carry. CCW was easy to get too. Walked in to the clerk's office with $50 and my ID, and got my permit 2 weeks later in the mail.

California 10 day wait is no more?

Its true. Should go into effect February 2015, just in time for me to pick up that HK 45c or Sig 220 Dark Elite Carry:)

Good luck with that. I don't think the HK 45c and Dark Elite are on the roster and Brown just signed AB1964 which eliminates single shot exemptions.

Last edited:
Good luck with that. I don't think the HK 45c and Dark Elite are on the roster and Brown just signed AB1964 which eliminates single shot exemptions.

Pops has an extensive collection maybe I can find what I need and have him gift me a gun. But I get what you are saying.