• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing California Muledeer

clo

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Successful high country pack in hunt. Here's a few pictures, not a monster by mulie standards, but he's got some character and not bad for California. Thanks Spartan Precision & Marc Soulie for building a hammer of a 30-06.

That's a really nice California buck. Congrats! What zone? What were the details of the hunt, load, etc...?

I'll be after one of these guys in a couple weeks in D7.

SavageSlayer,

It was on the northern side of 108 near Kennedy Meadows (D6), not quite into the Icebeg Wilderness but a damn hard hunt. Got him around 1pm during the hail, thunder and snow storm with custom loads, 180grn Nosler Ballistic Tip, Win Brass, 52.5grn I4350. Did a long write up on this site.

D6 High Country Pack in Hunt

Jared, we have absolutely no whitetails. Some of our lower elevation blacktails do cross with the mulies but that's about it. In the highcountry it's almost entirely muledeer. However I've seen a lot of the coastal blacktails with one main beam exactly like a whitetail.