• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

California- Weed yes, Cigs no

Re: California- Weed yes, Cigs no

The country, or the world for that matter, is upside down.

what did you expect? It's California

Coffeeshops would have been a happy medium in that situation. People need to smoke some pot out of the house, fine......but only in CoffeeShops located around town. Allows them to smoke when they need to, and keeps it away from people who don't. The biggest side effect: The food industry in that town would explode and stimulate the economy and open up jobs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwhugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The country, or the world for that matter, is upside down.
</div></div>

how so? hemp has threw its history with human kind never caused a death - smoking cigs has caused how meny......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intrepid4576</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwhugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The country, or the world for that matter, is upside down.
</div></div>

how so? hemp has threw its history with human kind never caused a death - smoking cigs has caused how meny...... </div></div>

Well there was all that "hemp rope" that they used to hang the crooks.

But Im in agreement with you. And the second hand smoke would be a lot better.

Yeah, but it's only Sebastapol, California and within the city limits only I believe. Davis has the same rule against smoking tabacco and have had it for many years. I've been in trouble in Davis California for smoking but it's no biggie. Many make a federal case over it. You also can't smoke in bars in California unless all the people who work there are related to the owner and the owner pays a yearly permit. The employees of such bars are not checked if they are related and their are many bars that you can smoke in. It's the PC individuals and busy bodies that give you trouble when it comes to smoking and turn you in. Some of these folks have got their ass kicked. Also you have to be 20' away from the front of most buildings when you smoke here. In the hills the poor people hang out up the road from a bar with binoculars and get your liscense plate and turn you in for DUI's in areas where the jurisdictions offer rewards. Some of these folks have been shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fredrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, but it's only Sebastapol, California and within the city limits only I believe. Davis has the same rule against smoking tabacco and have had it for many years. I've been in trouble in Davis California for smoking but it's no biggie. Many make a federal case over it. You also can't smoke in bars in California unless all the people who work there are related to the owner and the owner pays a yearly permit. The employees of such bars are not checked if they are related and their are many bars that you can smoke in. It's the PC individuals and busy bodies that give you trouble when it comes to smoking and turn you in. Some of these folks have got their ass kicked. Also you have to be 20' away from the front of most buildings when you smoke here. In the hills the poor people hang out up the road from a bar with binoculars and get your liscense plate and turn you in for DUI's in areas where the jurisdictions offer rewards. Some of these folks have been shot. </div></div>

lmao thats an awesome way to make money! how much does one make per turn in? ive all ways wanted to move to cally :p

The places I knew of in the hills was up the road from Jackson on Hwy 88. I was turned in with only being in the bar for 5 or so minuets. I, in both cases, didn't even have a drink. But, I was treated like I was a habitual drunk with the road side soboriety test and all. They don't offer this "turn in the drunks for a rewared program" in this location any more as too many people got hurt by the locals that got turned in. It was other locals that turned them in. It's a small town mentality there and word travels quick and everybody knows evryone. Sometimes people get hurt in those hills. I think the reward was only about $200.00 if a DUI was issued.

We're in a huge upturn to get our state out of the liquor business and let Costco and other huge re tailers handle it.

But this county I live in just banned pasties on sexpresso stands, banned medical marijuana shops in city limits....

They feel all of the above are a sin..

How crazy is THAT??? Barriers prevented people from seeing the Barista's yet they claim going around a 27 degree corner at 40mph they could see nipples that were pastied over, blocked from tinted windows, and had a privacy screen (Wood) over ...

And they banned em all.

They expanded the distance from churches and schools to where you can have titty bars here a few years ago. Many of them that had been here for 30 plus or so years are gone now. The only place you can pay to see tittys and naked girl ass is in industrial areas and they are "juice" bars. $20.00 at the door and $5.00 cans of Coke. No booze! Absolutely ridiculous. And, who wants to go see tittys and throw fish food (dollars) at the girls when you can't have a beer?

Funny I picked up on this crap years ago when the "TRUTH" commercials about "Big Tobacco" where popular.

How the dead were piling up due to the conspiracy. These clowns after shooting the commercials probably were out back smoking up a bowl not realizing that MJ had over 200 identified carcinogens and has been linked to birth defects and other health issues. If they ever fully legalize MJ I'm buying A LOT of RJ Renolds stock cause if they are smart I think they'll be telling the farmers to plow under all that "bad" tobacco and start planting that miracle plant. The deal will be sweet as the illegal growers for years have increased the THC levels to 18-22% compared to the "80's" levels of 8-10% max.

"BIG TOBACCO" can quickly become "BIG MARIJUANA" then where will all these pot heads be?

OK when it comes to medical pot. I agree with it to a point, but not smoking it. My best friend has MS and has problems eating and problems with pain. However he takes pills, Little blue ones that is THC to make him hungry. Another one in pill form to regulate the thc activation. That I agree too. Not smoking it. As far as I am concerned smoking it to dull the pain gives the credintials as drinking to dull the pain.

Let's not forget the hemp fields of Ft.Riley that had a direct cause and effect relationship on many a Nazi meeting his demise. Rigging cord especially...airborne.

Every time this subject comes up, it's interesting to hear the nazi's answers to questions about alcohol consumption. Strange how hard it is for some to think rationally and logically about both subjects.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intrepid4576</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwhugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The country, or the world for that matter, is upside down.
</div></div>

how so? hemp has threw its history with human kind never caused a death - smoking cigs has caused how meny...... </div></div>

You know not what you speak of. I really don't care if it is legalized or not. If someone wants to damage themselves in private, that's there business, but don't force me to breath it in public. It is bad for you.

Actually Marijuana is bad for your lungs. There is not as much research like there is with cigarettes since it is an illegal drug.

Marijuana smoke has been found to contain more cancer-causing agents than is found in tobacco smoke. The smoke is in contact with lung tissues for long periods of time because users inhale deep and hold it, which irritates the lungs and damages the way they work. Marijuana smoke contains some of the same ingredients in tobacco smoke that can cause emphysema and cancer. It increases the heart rate as much as 50 percent, depending on the amount of THC. Also believed to cause memory loss and anxiety with long term effects

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silver_Bullet_00</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intrepid4576</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwhugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The country, or the world for that matter, is upside down.
</div></div>

You know not what you speak of. I really don't care if it is legalized or not. If someone wants to damage themselves in private, that's there business, but don't force me to breath it in public. It is bad for you.

Actually Marijuana is bad for your lungs. There is not as much research like there is with cigarettes since it is an illegal drug.

Marijuana smoke has been found to contain more cancer-causing agents than is found in tobacco smoke. The smoke is in contact with lung tissues for long periods of time because users inhale deep and hold it, which irritates the lungs and damages the way they work. Marijuana smoke contains some of the same ingredients in tobacco smoke that can cause emphysema and cancer. It increases the heart rate as much as 50 percent, depending on the amount of THC. Also believed to cause memory loss and anxiety with long term effects </div></div>

My understanding is that most of the carcinogens in cigarettes are from the additional chemicals (over 200?) that they use in the preperation. Like the potassium nitrate/saltpeter they put in it to keep it burning while your not inhaleing.

Granted, since the lungs were made for air, and not smoke of burning plants, smoking anything is unwise. but Ive seen no evidence that marijuana causes anything (except mabey shortness of wind if you over do it). Do you have anything to back up your statements? Id like to see(unbiased) reports to that effect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silver_Bullet_00</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intrepid4576</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwhugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The country, or the world for that matter, is upside down.
</div></div>

Marijuana smoke has been found to contain more cancer-causing agents than is found in tobacco smoke. The smoke is in contact with lung tissues for long periods of time because users inhale deep and hold it, which irritates the lungs and damages the way they work. Marijuana smoke contains some of the same ingredients in tobacco smoke that can cause emphysema and cancer. It increases the heart rate as much as 50 percent, depending on the amount of THC. Also believed to cause memory loss and anxiety with long term effects</div></div>

The hell you say

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silver_Bullet_00</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intrepid4576</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwhugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The country, or the world for that matter, is upside down.
</div></div>

Marijuana smoke has been found to contain more cancer-causing agents than is found in tobacco smoke. The smoke is in contact with lung tissues for long periods of time because users inhale deep and hold it, which irritates the lungs and damages the way they work. Marijuana smoke contains some of the same ingredients in tobacco smoke that can cause emphysema and cancer. It increases the heart rate as much as 50 percent, depending on the amount of THC. Also believed to cause memory loss and anxiety with long term effects </div></div>

My understanding is that most of the carcinogens in cigarettes are from the additional chemicals (over 200?) that they use in the preperation. Like the potassium nitrate/saltpeter they put in it to keep it burning while your not inhaleing.

Granted, since the lungs were made for air, and not smoke of burning plants, smoking anything is unwise. but Ive seen no evidence that marijuana causes anything (except mabey shortness of wind if you over do it). <span style="color: #CC0000">Do you have anything to back up your statements?</span> Id like to see(unbiased) reports to that effect. </div></div>

I once thought the same way until I went to RN School.
Here is a good site. http://www.nida.nih.gov/infofacts/marijuana.html

Like I said though, studies are less common than with tobacco since marijuana is illegal.

With the right influence, you can make a "study" say whatever helps your end goal, whether your own, or someone else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kbrady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With the right influence, you can make a "study" say whatever helps your end goal, whether your own, or someone else. </div></div>

+1

however, a recent case-controlled study found no positive associations between marijuana use and lung, upper respiratory, or upper digestive tract cancers.7 Thus, the link between marijuana smoking and these cancers remains unsubstantiated at this time.

...... ^^^^^^^ ......

do we seriously believe everything the government tells us now.....lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how so? hemp has threw its history with human kind never caused a death - smoking cigs has caused how meny......</div></div>

Don't know. How many have been "caused" by firearms?