• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer

Wow, wikipedia got it pretty right, for once.

Guess I will be calling in sick on the 9th.
smile.gif

I wont be buying another rehash of a 7 year old engine, only for them to lie about dedicated servers and charge me 15$ for 3 maps, which used to be free in my case. Seriously they need to quite milking the franchise and build the game off of a new engine for christ sake. Although to give them their credit the single player was done very well despite being short.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2zw8SmsovJc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2zw8SmsovJc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Ten years of playing America's Army 2 and now the insanely impressive America's Army 3 has left me no tolerance for these mainstream games. Bullet drop, wind drift, bleeding, arterial damage models, physical fragmentation particles, the best sound in the world of gaming, etc. has essentially ruined any FPS that isn't AA3 for me.

And it's free.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bpnelson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ten years of playing America's Army 2 and now the insanely impressive America's Army 3 has left me no tolerance for these mainstream games. Bullet drop, wind drift, bleeding, arterial damage models, physical fragmentation particles, the best sound in the world of gaming, etc. has essentially ruined any FPS that isn't AA3 for me.

And it's free.</div></div>

Damn i haven't played AA in forever if 3 is that good i need to try it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bpnelson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ten years of playing America's Army 2 and now the insanely impressive America's Army 3 has left me no tolerance for these mainstream games. Bullet drop, wind drift, bleeding, arterial damage models, physical fragmentation particles, the best sound in the world of gaming, etc. has essentially ruined any FPS that isn't AA3 for me.

And it's free.</div></div>

Damn i haven't played AA in forever if 3 is that good i need to try it out. </div></div>

Do it. It's free download through Steam. Although you may have been CoD-ified from too many years of low realism games. It'll take a while to get used to no respawn, realistic recoil, and actually having your health deteriorate after being shot. But the maps on AA3 are out of this world.

While i haven't gotten into a serious realism shooter in a while. I used to play flashpoint, arma, AA, and the first couple of Ghost recons. I like Cod 1 and UO, and 4. The rest are rehashes of each other due to activisions success. I've just recently gotten back into BF2 on PC and its a breath of fresh air not to have regenerative health, actual recoil performance, and teamwork. Counter strike source is probably the game i've had most hours on in the past, so no respawns doesn't matter to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bpnelson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ten years of playing America's Army 2 and now the insanely impressive America's Army 3 has left me no tolerance for these mainstream games. Bullet drop, wind drift, bleeding, arterial damage models, physical fragmentation particles, the best sound in the world of gaming, etc. has essentially ruined any FPS that isn't AA3 for me.

And it's free. </div></div>

Have you played ARMA? I am waiting on BF3, it will fun to be able to fly jets again. I will not be touching any CoD games anymore unless things seriously change.

It is definately being milked, trailer looks good. I still prefer Medal of Honor though

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sami</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bpnelson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ten years of playing America's Army 2 and now the insanely impressive America's Army 3 has left me no tolerance for these mainstream games. Bullet drop, wind drift, bleeding, arterial damage models, physical fragmentation particles, the best sound in the world of gaming, etc. has essentially ruined any FPS that isn't AA3 for me.

And it's free. </div></div>

Have you played ARMA? I am waiting on BF3, it will fun to be able to fly jets again. I will not be touching any CoD games anymore unless things seriously change. </div></div>

I tried Arma, and it was a harsh blow to step into such an "unrealistic" game. AA3 is just THAT good for realism. An example is the ricochets. It's not a mirror effect. Bullets fragment partially, and being hit by a ricochet rips you wide open (massive damage) as opposed to being hit by a straight shot. Plus, the arterial damage models are fantastic. Once you get good with a DMR, you can effectively kill enemies with leg shots. Just aim for the femoral artery, *BANG*, and kill any one that tries to medic (only stops bleeding) him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: irishshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is definately being milked, trailer looks good. I still prefer Medal of Honor though </div></div>

+1. My tier for FPS gaming is AA3 > AA2 > MoH > CoD. I only play the CoD for zombiis, these days. CoD 1 and 4 were great, the rest blow (IMO).

There is a fan base for ultra-realistic games but it is not nearly as big as the one for Modern Warfare and that's what this is about, making the most money. I don't recall COD ever claiming that their game was the most realistic and I think that if you had to constantly dial your scope or hold off for range or wind a lot of people would be turned off. Let's face it, the game is made for fast paced multiplayer internet gaming. Nobody playing Modern Warfare wants to have to keep pulling out a range finder or trying to range off mil-dots to snipe somebody because it would just take to much time. By the time you put your calculator down after spending who knows how much time trying to measure someone with your scope you would have been killed several times by a 10 year old using melee attacks. After all let's not forget that it's just a game and a certain amount of realism needs to be left out to keep it enjoyable.

Don't get me wrong America's Army is probably a great game too and after reading this thread I'm going to check it but it sounds like it's trying for something different than Modern Warfare. I just don't think hashing on Modern Warfare for not being realistic enough is fair because for what it's trying to do it's plenty realistic. Take bullet fragmenting or ricochets for example. They could make a perk that make your bullets ricochet or fragment but to make all bullets do that would be ridiculous. It's about trying to put together a combination of weapons and perks to make your character better. If everyone had to use the same "realistic" limitations the game would lose a lot of what has so many people hooked. That's what's nice about games, they don't have to be real and creators can use their imagination to add things that make them more fun and keep people playing. To rank it on "realism" is bullshit, what about gameplay?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wont be buying another rehash of a 7 year old engine, only for them to lie about dedicated servers and charge me 15$ for 3 maps, which used to be free in my case. Seriously they need to quite milking the franchise and build the game off of a new engine for christ sake. Although to give them their credit the single player was done very well despite being short.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2zw8SmsovJc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2zw8SmsovJc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

+1

Battlefield is much better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a fan base for ultra-realistic games but it is not nearly as big as the one for Modern Warfare and that's what this is about, making the most money. I don't recall COD ever claiming that their game was the most realistic and I think that if you had to constantly dial your scope or hold off for range or wind a lot of people would be turned off. Let's face it, the game is made for fast paced multiplayer internet gaming. Nobody playing Modern Warfare wants to have to keep pulling out a range finder or trying to range off mil-dots to snipe somebody because it would just take to much time. By the time you put your calculator down after spending who knows how much time trying to measure someone with your scope you would have been killed several times by a 10 year old using melee attacks. After all let's not forget that it's just a game and a certain amount of realism needs to be left out to keep it enjoyable.

Don't get me wrong America's Army is probably a great game too and after reading this thread I'm going to check it but it sounds like it's trying for something different than Modern Warfare. I just don't think hashing on Modern Warfare for not being realistic enough is fair because for what it's trying to do it's plenty realistic. Take bullet fragmenting or ricochets for example. They could make a perk that make your bullets ricochet or fragment but to make all bullets do that would be ridiculous. It's about trying to put together a combination of weapons and perks to make your character better. If everyone had to use the same "realistic" limitations the game would lose a lot of what has so many people hooked. That's what's nice about games, they don't have to be real and creators can use their imagination to add things that make them more fun and keep people playing. To rank it on "realism" is bullshit, what about gameplay?</div></div>

It's not ranking it on realism, it's ranking it on innovation where it is sorely outclassed in every department. I have no problem with Cod's gaming style, it's the fact that, that engine has been used and modified since now to correct myself, CoD 2. The fact that now 5 games later they're still spitting out the same game with different skins/new weapons and charging 60$ much less calling it a full game is despicable. Add that in with charging 15$ for a map pack that only contains 3 maps, let alone used to be free, for PC gamers anyway, and it's a kick in the face. They're basically screaming we're going to keep regurgitating the same crap until they quit raking in 6 billion a year. They're so f'in greedy their timeline for every new Cod since W@W has been a year. I'm a big PC gamer so i'm pretty bitter towards them. What once was a PC only game dedicated to creating a good gaming experience has now been deteriorated into mainstream crap. I have no problem it went multiplatform but when they took out dedicated servers, no modding, charged for DLC, and Ported the game completely from console to PC they struck a nerve, and quite frankly are pissing on the very crowd that brought them their success. I could go on all day about how greedy activision is.

/rant

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a fan base for ultra-realistic games but it is not nearly as big as the one for Modern Warfare and that's what this is about, making the most money. I don't recall COD ever claiming that their game was the most realistic and I think that if you had to constantly dial your scope or hold off for range or wind a lot of people would be turned off. Let's face it, the game is made for fast paced multiplayer internet gaming. Nobody playing Modern Warfare wants to have to keep pulling out a range finder or trying to range off mil-dots to snipe somebody because it would just take to much time. By the time you put your calculator down after spending who knows how much time trying to measure someone with your scope you would have been killed several times by a 10 year old using melee attacks. After all let's not forget that it's just a game and a certain amount of realism needs to be left out to keep it enjoyable.

Don't get me wrong America's Army is probably a great game too and after reading this thread I'm going to check it but it sounds like it's trying for something different than Modern Warfare. I just don't think hashing on Modern Warfare for not being realistic enough is fair because for what it's trying to do it's plenty realistic. Take bullet fragmenting or ricochets for example. They could make a perk that make your bullets ricochet or fragment but to make all bullets do that would be ridiculous. It's about trying to put together a combination of weapons and perks to make your character better. If everyone had to use the same "realistic" limitations the game would lose a lot of what has so many people hooked. That's what's nice about games, they don't have to be real and creators can use their imagination to add things that make them more fun and keep people playing. To rank it on "realism" is bullshit, what about gameplay?</div></div>

It's not ranking it on realism, it's ranking it on innovation where it is sorely outclassed in every department. I have no problem with Cod's gaming style, it's the fact that, that engine has been used and modified since now to correct myself, CoD 2. The fact that now 5 games later they're still spitting out the same game with different skins/new weapons and charging 60$ much less calling it a full game is despicable. Add that in with charging 15$ for a map pack that only contains 3 maps, let alone used to be free, for PC gamers anyway, and it's a kick in the face. They're basically screaming we're going to keep regurgitating the same crap until they quit raking in 6 billion a year. They're so f'in greedy their timeline for every new Cod since W@W has been a year. I'm a big PC gamer so i'm pretty bitter towards them. What once was a PC only game dedicated to creating a good gaming experience has now been deteriorated into mainstream crap. I have no problem it went multiplatform but when they took out dedicated servers, no modding, charged for DLC, and Ported the game completely from console to PC they struck a nerve, and quite frankly are pissing on the very crowd that brought them their success. I could go on all day about how greedy activision is.

/rant </div></div>

Exactly. I LOVED the first Call of Duty, and I thought CoD 4 was a VERY good game. As far as "dialing range" and such...when has CoD EVER had a map where you could make a shot beyond 200 yards? In AA3, there is bullet drop, sure. But it's not that hard to hold over 6 inches, is it? Especially with an ACOG with a BDC reticle. I just want a good game experience. I don't need it to be realistic, necessarily. CoD 4 was good enough, you shot a guy with a .300 WM in the chest and he died. Good enough. I was remarking that since I'm used to the ultra realism of AA3, CoD is sort of ruined (for me). I will definitely have to check out BF3. It looks like they didn't just change the names of weapons.

Well Cod the original had plenty of big maps in United Offensive. Foy was one of my favorite sniping maps. BF3 looks great, graphically for PC it's the best looking game on earth right now, and i'm impressed. But they've taken some things out of BF3 that made BF2 the amazing game it still is, such as non regenerative health, 7 classes, and a commander. So help me God if they give the medics in BF3 a LMG like they did on bad company 2 i wont pick it up.

Haha. Gotta love the medics toting the LMGs. You should check out the new MoH. Only if you have a 360. For some odd reason the PC version sucks.

New trailer looks good. Would rather it be made by Infinity Ward though.

New trailer looks amazing and no one can there where any old engine used. Absolutely amazing!

That engine is the quake 3 engine, which was modified for call of duty 2, then furthered modified for MW, then further modified for W@W, and so on. It hasn't changed you don't have to look at config files and specs to see that, simply use your eyes, it looks the exact same.

They did an awesome job on this trailor, I don't think I blinked for 12 min.

You guys need to buy the game and have all your friends buy the game. I need royalty checks so I can buy an AI 338! PLEASE!!!

The MW3 trailer looks good but I'm not going to pay $60 for it. The firearms really frustrate me. A M9 has less damage than any other 9mm? How does that work?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys need to buy the game and have all your friends buy the game. I need royalty checks so I can buy an AI 338! PLEASE!!! </div></div>

So you're with the competition, eh? Have you met one of your newest level artists by the name of Geoff Hudson?

Every time I want to get a PS3 I cant do it because that is $300 I could be putting towards ammo!

It looks sweet though

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DHZSVS2muhY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DHZSVS2muhY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Correction this looks awesome..PC gameplay looks damn near real
laugh.gif
If you like MW get it but if you've played the first you've played this one. Now if you've never played a battlefield game you're in for a treat because it actually requires teamwork.

apparently its a huge let down, basically the same thing with different maps, tweaked graphics, and slightly changed gameplay. it runs on the same engine as the old but its perfect if all you want is a run and gun arcade shooter. i like how the nukes only kill everybody once and doesn't end the game.

I gave my money to BF3. Actually has physics involved with shooting like bullet drop and lead. The maps are huge. YOU CAN FLY JETS. And Helicopters. You can actually do team work and are broken up into squads with 24 people on the map at a time. Computer you can have 64 people at once. It truly leaves MW3 in the dust. You also actually have to work for the guns you want, not just get them as you level up. There are 4 different classes to specialize in and each helps in its own way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lessthanfour</div><div class="ubbcode-body">apparently its a huge let down, basically the same thing with different maps, tweaked graphics, and slightly changed gameplay. it runs on the same engine as the old but its perfect if all you want is a run and gun arcade shooter. i like how the nukes only kill everybody once and doesn't end the game. </div></div>

It's been that way since CoD 4. Yet pawns keep buying it every year. They just broke the record for earnings of sales in 5 days with 775million. They've been using the same engine since CoD 2. Activision along with bobby kotick are probably one of the most greedy companies around. 15$ for a map pack? Really?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vie...rd-Known-to-Man

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I gave my money to BF3. Actually has physics involved with shooting like bullet drop and lead. The maps are huge. YOU CAN FLY JETS. And Helicopters. You can actually do team work and are broken up into squads with 24 people on the map at a time. Computer you can have 64 people at once. It truly leaves MW3 in the dust. You also actually have to work for the guns you want, not just get them as you level up. There are 4 different classes to specialize in and each helps in its own way. </div></div>

Yeah BF3 is fun as hell. Although i wish it was more like BF2 it's still great.