• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Called NFA today

riley5001

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2008
Ms.
Called NFA today to check the status of my form 4 ( doing it as a trust). I called because it had been mailed in, by my dealer back in April. I was told it was assigned and pending as of 07/10/2009. Anybody know about what the aveage wait from here might be. I know some may be sooner and some later, just looking for a average. This is my first NFA item so I really don't know what to expect. Thanks

Re: Called NFA today

Usually atleast 90 days, check ar15 armory section. They have a NFA timeline thread lol.

Im waiting on mine aswell
frown.gif

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=17&t=258524

I have been waiting for my Gemtech for almost 6 months. Last year my 308 can cleard in a matter of a few weeks.

Thanks guys, Looks like there is no real time frame. You just get it when you get it. I hope as time goes it gets back to the way it was (according to my dealer used to be 21 days from start to finish).

My last 4 took 12 weeks, door to door. They all went from pending to approved in 4 weeks. Got one in right now that went pending 8 days ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Riley501</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys, Looks like there is no real time frame. You just get it when you get it. I hope as time goes it gets back to the way it was (according to my dealer used to be 21 days from start to finish). </div></div>

21 days would be awesome...

Sent my paperwork in June 29th for the first suppressor. Now waiting for serial number to mail in my second.

in my past dealings with them.... about 4-6 weeks after you go pending if your all good to go on the paperwork, as in no mistakes and so on.

Mine was mailed march 26, went pending may 14, and as of last week was still pending.

every time I wait for a stamp it seems it takes longer, you would think they would have streamlined the system by now!

6 weeks+ from Pending to approved seems to be the norm at this time.

Anywhere us to 2 months between the check being cashed and going pending is about right, too.

4 months end-to-end is doing good these days

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titleiiredneck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">every time I wait for a stamp it seems it takes longer, you would think they would have streamlined the system by now! </div></div>

You do know that you are dealing with the Government don't you?

Mailed my check first week in July, ATF hasnt even cashed it yet.

My check was cashed April 4th. Ive called NFA several times, still pending review.. The guy that answers the phone is such a nice guy, NOT..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6 weeks+ from Pending to approved seems to be the norm at this time.

</div></div>

I'm on my 12 week since it went pending. I called to see if there was an error but they couldn't tell me anything other that were busy and just wait.

perhaps you should get the examiner's name and phone number/e-mail addr.

One person (now an examiner) handled a paperwork deficiency for my C&R via e-mail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rookie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mailed my check first week in July, ATF hasnt even cashed it yet. </div></div>

Ouch!... I sent a form 4 for a can first week of July check cashed July 13 and
it just went pending Aug 07
whistle.gif

Lets hope they keep it as quick pending to approved
crazy.gif

This is my second can first one took 3 months.

This is on a trust.

You are lucky. My last can took 2 months from cashed to pending, then 6+ weeks to approved, then 2 more weeks to get to the dealer.

My most recent form 4 had its check cashed 10 July so I guess I'll call tomorrow and see if it went pending.

You would think theis one would go fast since my last one was approved 21 May of this year, but the ATF seems to not have a memory between forms........sadly.

The class three dealer I use told me yesterday that ATF says 20 weeks after the cashing of the check. That was current as of yesterday.

My check cashed 7/10 and the form went pending exactly 4 weeks later 8/7 woo hoo half the time it took earlier this year.

Hope the approval goes just as fast!

Finally approved!
Called today and it was approved on 8/6/09. Now just waiting for the paperwork to get to my dealer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Riley501</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope as time goes it gets back to the way it was (according to my dealer used to be 21 days from start to finish). </div></div>

If all these other pricks would stop buying class III stuff and log-jamming the system, perhaps MINE could be 21 days start to finish
cry.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rookie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mailed my check first week in July, ATF hasnt even cashed it yet. </div></div>

if you live in texas why pay the government...just wait till september and find a compnay that is building them in texas and fuck the tax stamp....

look up the new bill that goes in to affect next month. i had the number writen down on my desk pad...but changed months....woops.

i'll look it up and post it.

If you think that there is a Texas law which will eliminate the need to get federal tax stamps on NFA firearms, please cite the law. I followed the legislative session very carefully, and I'm pretty sure there is no such law.

lindy
here it is.

should take affect in sep 1 2009.....i believe...one of the guys that works for me's wife works for the state rep in beeville she has been keeping tabs on this for me. it looks like everything is still good for it and no one wants to torpedo it.....governor is really behind it.

here is the link to the bill

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/81R/billtext/html/HB01863I.htm

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=81R&Bill=HB1863

i am talking to the guys at JET SUPPRESSORS just waiting for the whole thing to take affect...

if you can find any info that says that this is not going to work...please let me know...

there you go.....i guess it will have to wait till next secion.

i was looking for that page and couldn't find it to find out how far it went.

damn....damn....damn...

paper work went to nfa on april 2, check cashed a few weeks later, went pending june 23, still pending as of august 17. frustrating.

have a buddy that was on the EXACT time line, he has in hand the suppressor he submitted paper work on april 2 AND another suppressor he submitted paper work on about a month later AND we have the same agent as we're going through the same dealer. there's no rhyme, there's no reason, just frustration.

That's unusual. The checks I've sent along with 4 seperate Form 4's over the last year have cleared my bank within several days of being received.