• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Calling all AR10 builders. Need a how-to sticky!

Garvey

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 1, 2010
Melissa, Texas
I've seen, in many different posts within this section, shooters trying to assemble an AR 10. Questions on part compatibility, places to order parts, and so on.

I'm in a similar situation myself. I purchased (new from an FFL) an Armalite AR 10 lower with parts kit minus trigger group because I hate heavy ass two stage triggers and wanted to install a good trigger but not pay for one I didn't need. This same theory holds true, for me, with the rest of the components for the rifle. I have an upper reciever in mind that I want installed, barrel length, front hand guard and list goes on. AR rifles are indeed "Barbie for men" with all the options for the rifle, from stem to stern. Every shooter has a specific job for the rifle they intend to shoot. My problem, like many other shooters, is that I have an AR-15, like it, shoot it, can disassemble and reassemble it to some extent but not a complete take down and rebuild simply from ignorance.

So what I'm proposing is this; those of you that know can teach those of us that don't, which parts go where and in what order they need to be purchased then installed.

For instance: The first thing you will need is a lower reciever and it will need _________ parts installed. There are trigger options from ____________ manufacturers that will provide __________ features. Next the lower reciever will need the grip and stock installed. Grips and stocks can be obtained through __________ manufacturers. And the beat drags on.

I know I'm asking for a ton of information, but I also know there is a ton of knowledge our members of Sniper's Hide can provide. And I'm simply proposing it is compiled within one thread.

What say you?

Re: Calling all AR10 builders. Need a how-to sticky!

This is what I used to build this:

100_3830.jpg

Here's what I got:

POF P-308-SA-GIII-NP3 Lower, MRR Upper and Rail

JP Enterprices:
Enhanced Bolt Assembly (Brownell's)
JPBC-4BA Low Mass Bolt Carrier (JP Enterprices)
Bolt Carrier Completion Kit (JP Entereprices)
Adjustable Gas System (Gas Block) (Brownell's)

Fulton Armory 18.5" SS National Match Barrel (Brownell's)
PWS FSC30 Compensator (Brownell's)
DPMS Standard Gas Tube (Brownell's)
Bushmaster AR15 Low Parts kit (Brownell's)
DPMS Pardus .308 Carbine Stock w/ buffer spring & Buffer (Brownell's)
DPMS Forward Assit (Brownell's)

Edited To Add: I needed to send the barrel to Hart to have them turn down the contour to match the contour of the POF Barrel Nut....