• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Calling Genuine Operators...

Vipa

Private
Minuteman
Hey guys, just after a little info..

Bit of an argument raging on one of the UK forums I frequent, usual keyboard sniper stuff!!

I am intrigued though.. Would you guys feel confident hitting a pigeon sized target ALMOST 1st time every time from a cold bore with say a .308 (no Cheytac Interventions LOL) at 600-1,000 yards (known distance)

I'm particularly interested in responses from USMC snipers and real life tactical operators. I know that your training requires you to pass tests shooting targets out at these ranges but not, as far as I am aware, something the size of a wood pigeon..

Cheers
Paul

Re: Calling Genuine Operators...

I am a genuine operator. I have never practiced shooting wooden pigeons at that distance but when I was in Somalia we would plant cans of Dinty Moore stew that our "employer" provided us in open areas at that distance. When the "skinnies" would run to get it, we would shoot it. Unless they were armed with an AK or an RPG then we smoked them. Good times.

So yes, I think it is very plausible if you have a good sniper rifle and you "do your part".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am a genuine operator. I have never practiced shooting wooden pigeons at that distance but when I was in Somalia we would plant cans of Dinty Moore stew that our "employer" provided us in open areas at that distance. When the "skinnies" would run to get it, we would shoot it. Unless they were armed with an AK or an RPG then we smoked them. Good times.

So yes, I think it is very plausible if you have a good sniper rifle and you "do your part". </div></div>Damn Shank, I hope none of them got to even taste the Dinty <span style="font-style: italic">Mist</span>

Thinking normal pigeons, 600-1000 yards with a 308,

I got to answer this honestly, I'd say no.

Even in my younger years when I was in the game. Man size target, yes, pegeon, NO.

....it's not a matter of where he grips it.....
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WPG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....it's not a matter of where he grips it.....
grin.gif
</div></div>

That movie is a classic

Pfft.

A real operator can use a 9mm High Point rifle and hit that easy.

You should PM A10XRIFLE on here, and ask him about the custom rifle that he makes that is based off of this model. It can hit .5 MOA(or Mils, it has a switch for both) at 1000 yards easy.

If your PM gets deleted (which it could because it's under a NAVSPECWAR/SOCOM/DeltaRangerSEAL contract), then he can't talk about it because of OPSEC.

no way-"some times" at best,Its kind of a stupid question really cause if you shoot a lot you'll know the conditions affect your hit rate a lot and consistence becomes a goal to aim for but never one you can arrive at on time every time .

Mallsniper
2010/2011
war of the food