• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Calling Glock gurus

M855

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2009
East TN
Have a 17 that shoots 3 inches to the left at 10 yards,I have other glocks that shoot just fine,I took the pistol to Glock
and they replaced all the small parts (gen 2 upgrade)
the replacement parts did nothing,Ive used 115 and 124gr ammo
and even replaced the sights and it still shoots left,
could the barrel be worn out,from a rest the groups are great
but just shoots left,any ideas?

Re: Calling Glock gurus

Fixed sights? Tap the rear in the direction you want the bullet to go. In your case, tap the sight to the right.

If your groups are going left from a standing position, and the groups are fine when shooting from a bench, it is simply your trigger control. There shouldn't be alot of recoil from the 17, but it sounds like recoil anticipation.

Lots of dry fire practice is in order. I did the spring change out on my trigger group, and it is superbly accurate. Glock is a great pistol, and should serve you well.

DK

groups are the same from standing or shooting from a rest,I have dawson sights if I move/drift the sight it will just about hang off the gun,recoil isnt a problem,I shot my glock 20 side by side today and was shooting baseball sized groups with the 10mm

Are you snatching the trigger? This will cause you to shoot left and normally is the problem. Or death gripping the gun.

I’m no Glock guru and have almost no experience with pistols. But I’m going to give my opinion anyways.
If I understand correctly, his issue is that with the sights mounted exactly in the middle, the gun shoots to the left. He could have off course adjusted the factory rear sight. But why why does the gun shoots to the left with the sights positionned exactly in the middle? I think this is his real question. It’s not a trigger control issue (he can shoot well with his other Glock).
Your barrel is fine (if not, you couldn’t have nice grouping). Maybe the slide/rails/front sight are slightly crooked (and maybe even within Glock’s accepted tolerance?). I don’t think it’s a big deal (since it’s functioning properly and you get good groups). You should just adjust the rear sight (to correct the problem, you should have adjusted the factory rear sight instead of replacing it)

Front sight was a factory nite sight(dead no glow) staked in place also it was bent,thats way I changed them

At my PD we issue the Glock 17. Almost all of the rear sights are moved almost all the way to the right so the sloap of the corner of the slide matches up to the sight.

1. see if someone else shoots the same groups to

2. swap the barrel with another 17 bbl (if you have one)

Ive already let two pepole shoot it and have shot from a rest,same groups from 2 different shooters,gonna try a barrel from a friends 17 and try that,just for shits and giggles
today I cleaned the barrel with copper cleaner and a metric shit ton of buildup came out of the barrel

I was the armorer for my agency for quite sometime and dealt with Glock alot. I had actually returned a 19 because the front was machined out of the slide slightly off. I had the luxury using several different barrels and finally used a caliper to check the slide. The opening was measurably different from left to right therefore causing the barrel to sit in the slide at a slight angle that wasn't obvious to the eye. Send it to Glock. They had always switched out anything that was not high quality - slides, frames, and barrels. They've been good to our Department for many years. Good luck.

As stated in the first post its already been to glock I took it to the plant myself im only two hours away,and told them about everything that I have posted above

What/where im I checking with the calipers? round count is unknown

Shoot it left handed (assuming you are right handed) and see what happens.

well if the sights can't drift anymore and 3 people have shot it all shooting to the left AND been back to the factory. ...IMO would be the barrel.

Take the slide off and barrel out. Measure the distance from the inside of the barrel opening on one side to the outside of the slide then check the other side.On one occasion I had one in our armory that was machined off-center pointing the barrel to one side slightly. Hope you can make sense of this and at least check it. It can't hurt.