• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Calling the opinions of the fellow hide'rs

Jthoss0837

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2010
Greenville, South Carolina
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWvXam499yI&feature=sub

Real?
Fake?
Watch the video before reading others responses, or mine.
i want to hear your unbiased opinion

"Watch as Hunter, crack shot from Mississippi, shoots a watermelon off my head with a .50 caliber sniper rifle from 200 some yards away! Either we're idiots, or we have total confidence in a stranger's shooting ability!"

I think its fake.
Time from firing to impact seems long for a .50 at that range.
The explosion from the watermelon shows theres a white cloud upon impact. Maybe a gas of some sort? or powder.

These guys that made this video are known for doing Special effects type of videos.

Re: Calling the opinions of the fellow hide'rs

Yes, agree it's fake. Explosion of the melon parts appears to travel in a consistent 360 degree arc, just like it would if a charge was detonated/released inside.

I like how the kid wears his "ghillie" suit to shoot one round.

Hes one of those types for sure.
Anyone that can tell what dinky scope is on that thing?

Got to love the safety helmet on the dumbass down range. Yep, that will save your life from those not so deadly .50's. BTW, dumbass with rifle, you missed, try 8 inches lower. Think thin the herd. lol Yes I know its fake.

Flyingbullseye

It's fake. Video editing software can do wonders these days. They superimposed him into the shot where the rifle is in view.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flyingbullseye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got to love the safety helmet on the dumbass down range. Yep, that will save your life from those not so deadly .50's. BTW, dumbass with rifle, you missed, try 8 inches lower. Think thin the herd. lol Yes I know its fake.

Flyingbullseye</div></div>

Is there really a need to name call?

They were making a video for entertainment's sake. Don't hate him, hate the stupid people who think its real.

I don't think the helmet is meant for safety, but to hold the watermelon instead.

even if it were fake, who can't shoot a watermelon @ less then 100 yds.? Wanna do something impressive, hold a freaking quarter and let your friend shoot it

This one was pretty funny. Not a bad looking woman either...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H4MRo4QONQ4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H4MRo4QONQ4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Josh

did any of yall see the comment that the barret.50 bmg will kill you from the shockwave? some peopel are total idiots when it comes to weapons

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clamber</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flyingbullseye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got to love the safety helmet on the dumbass down range. Yep, that will save your life from those not so deadly .50's. BTW, dumbass with rifle, you missed, try 8 inches lower. Think thin the herd. lol Yes I know its fake.

Flyingbullseye</div></div>

Is there really a need to name call?

They were making a video for entertainment's sake. Don't hate him, hate the stupid people who think its real.

I don't think the helmet is meant for safety, but to hold the watermelon instead. </div></div>

I'm all for the "educated viewer" argument, but the video makes light of a pretty dangerous situation in a way that could easily be misconstrued.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seaaggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did any of yall see the comment that the barret.50 bmg will kill you from the shockwave? some peopel are total idiots when it comes to weapons </div></div>

LOL
Doesnt surprise me honestly.
To many kids on Call of duty these days.
With youtube flooded by "crack shots" the highspeed low drag type, shooting shotguns with one hand, and pistols sideways, im not so shocked to see these know it alls commenting on videos.
God forbid you try and search for a Cheytac m200 video. - "MW2 sniperz"

Quoting from the video "ur lucky the concussion didnt explode ur head."

it is a fake but he does make some good videos. Check out some of his other ones.

Have you seen the people talking about being able to see the bullet at :40?

50CalWilliamTell.jpg

I think it's fake as well. There are very few people who are actually stupid enough to try that. Not saying it's not possible, just improbable. However improbable it may be though, it wouldn't be that hard to hit a melon from that distance even if you've never shot a gun before.

but the shockwave of the bullet which is something like 25000 pounds of pressure would have crushed his scull as it passed by...that was another comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you seen the people talking about being able to see the bullet at :40?

50CalWilliamTell.jpg

I think it's fake as well. There are very few people who are actually stupid enough to try that. Not saying it's not possible, just improbable. However improbable it may be though, it wouldn't be that hard to hit a melon from that distance even if you've never shot a gun before. </div></div>

which melon are you talking about

Had this have been posted on someone elses channel, i might believe it.
But in the description he says something like "long time viewers will understand this video more than others"
Him being a video Fx editor its 99% fake. Also i have to disagree with the post about being able to hit it having never shot a gun before. I know when i started out, shooting a high caliber rifle was intimidating, causing me to jerk the trigger, flinch, close my eyes etc, causing a terrible shot. The time from shot to impact is too long, especially for only 200 yards, the characteristics of the melon exploding doesnt resemble that of a high caliber rifle - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tTAYFSnRW4
And the white cloud that appears as the melon explodes leads me to believe a charge was involved, either a firework of some sort or a small powder charge.

+1 for fake...watch his other videos...he also posts the "making of" his other stuff...very big into green screens and layering of shots....if anyone believes this is real...then clearly they must believe in the video with hottie, the guy jumping off the roof landing in the miata is actualy firing a barret. haha...good day gentleman

wow I think this video is going to win an award for most threads started by a video, and the video is total BS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This one was pretty funny. Not a bad looking woman either...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H4MRo4QONQ4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H4MRo4QONQ4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Josh </div></div>

That was really good!!