• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Camera Lens Filter as Scope Cap

wakajawaka

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2011
Pensacola, FL
I rummaged through my camera stuff and came up with this.

Maybe not ideal but the front element has protection till I can get a flip up.

P1010716.jpg

Re: Camera Lens Filter as Scope Cap

That is a great idea.
Going to give it a try.
Thanks.

I was actually thinking of using a polarizing filter on mine to both increase contrast and protect the front element. I've done this on my cameras for... well, forever.

Good info here for those that are unfamilliar with a polarizing filter:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polarizing_filter_(photography)

I had thought of a polarizing filter or possibly a Y2 but most of my filters are 55mm or 49mm. Lucky to find the one I did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dead-bird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I rummaged through my camera stuff and came up with this.

Maybe not ideal but the front element has protection till I can get a flip up.

P1010716.jpg
</div></div>
I'm assuming you have a 10-50x60 Sightron there. 62mm UV filter fits? Where did you get the lens shade? I was just looking at this yesterday because the flips on the Sightron suck ass. Thanks for the info!

The issue I would have with a polarizing filter is it significantly cuts light transmission. If I remember right, in a camera it reduces the light about 2 f stops.