• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Cammo top and boonie two different colors? Hat?

alfred10

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
I want to keep a quick cammo solution. My AO is north eastern US woodlands and cities. Mostly green in the summer and brown the rest of the year. Im looking to keep a boonie hat and top near by. I am thinkin about weaing a multi cam boonie and either an acu or woodland marpat top. Would I get an advantage to mixing colors or should I stick with one color? Might grab acu's since they are cheap and everywhere.

Re: Cammo top and boonie two different colors? Hat?

not sure about your area, down here in Louisiana i am running full Marpat BDU bottoms and top and Marpat Boonie. I find all one color is better for me as my whole body seems to blend into one i wouldn't mix patterns if I didn't have too.
just my .02

I have mixed patterns all the time. As long as it breaks up my outline the deer and turkeys don't mind. In many cases patterns don't match the locale perfectly and wearing all one pattern makes you stand out more. Sitting against a tree turkey hunting I wear a brown based leafy bottom and grey tone based Mossy Oak style top....blends a lot better than all one pattern.

mixing patterns works for the most part, in some instances, it can be advantageous.

course, aint gonna look as pimp.

[I know I'm going to catch some shit for this], but I bought a whole set of multi cam for hunting do to the fact that it seems to blend in with every thing all year long. were i hunt at in the spring and summer the green really stands out and in the winter the brown stands out, And when i go to south Texas it really blends in to every thing. That way I have one cammo pattern for every thing....chaz