• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Camper Gun Rack

treillw

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
Have a camper with plywood interior walls, no insulation, and an aluminum exterior. I'd like to mount an AR to the wall and have it be easy to remove quickly. Ideas?

I'd rather not pound the walls full of holes. Double sided tape, or Velcro might work? Don't absolutely need to have the gun in the rack when driving down the road, but it would be nice to be able to leave it there in it's home and not need to worry about putting it somewhere else.

The camper is a off-road trailer - the ride could get pretty bumpy.

I'd also like to be able to throw a pistol there as well. Ideas?

Thanks!

Have a camper with plywood interior walls, no insulation, and an aluminum exterior. I'd like to mount an AR to the wall and have it be easy to remove quickly. Ideas?

I'd rather not pound the walls full of holes. Double sided tape, or Velcro might work? Don't absolutely need to have the gun in the rack when driving down the road, but it would be nice to be able to leave it there in it's home and not need to worry about putting it somewhere else.

The camper is a off-road trailer - the ride could get pretty bumpy.

I'd also like to be able to throw a pistol there as well. Ideas?

Thanks!
How thick is the camper wall? Is there space between the interior plywood and exterior aluminum shell? If so how much. You can see how thick that is by looking in the door and window jambs and get a good idea.

Decide just where you want it. Drill holes all the way through. Make or buy a rubber gasket to place under a fender washer on the exterior. Use some marine silicone sealer between the gasket and the aluminum...like boaters do. If you use stainless hardware, it won't rust later on. Brass also works. LOTS of options for racks.