• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Can a Spuhr Mount be Shipped to Military Base Overseas? FPO, AP 96310

green338 2.0

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2012
NorCal
I have a buyer asking me to ship a Spuhr mount overseas, to a military base...is doing so, okay? Any help would be appreciated.

he gave ya an apo addy .. ? Its just a mount nothing wrong with that

he gave ya an apo addy .. ? Its just a mount nothing wrong with that
And that advice is worth exactly what you paid for it... Don't go asking for legal advice online anymore than you would ask for it in the barracks.

Scope mounts such as a Spuhr ISMS are viewed by DoS as ITAR restricted. Shipping to an APO/FPO/DPO, as gray as that area may be, is viewed by DoS as exporting. Try ordering one from TNVC, Optic's Planet, or other dealers to an APO and see what their take on it is. And I don't want to hear the "I did it all the time..." because people buy crack-cocaine all the time too, but that doesn't mean it's legal; they just haven't gotten caught yet.

http://pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/documents/official_itar/ITAR_Part_121.pdf
http://www.exportlawblog.com/archives/2860

Get his US address to ship to if he wants it that bad, otherwise I would respectfully decline the sale. I hope with as old as this thread is that it isn't too late.

My background is several years of working overseas on DoS contracts, and requesting/ordering many parts and accessories for weapons that are ITAR restricted, including hundreds of scope mounts. This is for government owned property, and we still have to get the export licenses.

And that advice is worth exactly what you paid for it... Don't go asking for legal advice online anymore than you would ask for it in the barracks.

Scope mounts such as a Spuhr ISMS are viewed by DoS as ITAR restricted. Shipping to an APO/FPO/DPO, as gray as that area may be, is viewed by DoS as exporting. Try ordering one from TNVC, Optic's Planet, or other dealers to an APO and see what their take on it is. And I don't want to hear the "I did it all the time..." because people buy crack-cocaine all the time too, but that doesn't mean it's legal; they just haven't gotten caught yet.

http://pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/documents/official_itar/ITAR_Part_121.pdf
http://www.exportlawblog.com/archives/2860

Get his US address to ship to if he wants it that bad, otherwise I would respectfully decline the sale. I hope with as old as this thread is that it isn't too late.

My background is several years of working overseas on DoS contracts, and requesting/ordering many parts and accessories for weapons that are ITAR restricted, including hundreds of scope mounts. This is for government owned property, and we still have to get the export licenses.

It seems that the gunny was a pencil pusher way to long ...always the red tape that delays what the troops actually need that works !! Let me guess you were the type that wrote marines up for distruction of gov. property when they got sun burned ?? lmao Anyways E-7 says its not allowed then I stand corrected

Don't be all butt-hurt because I'm trying to give the actual advice before someone commits a felony. And I hate to disappoint but I never wrote a single charge sheet in my career, but I have signed one before. Yeah, an 8541 pencil pusher... That's a laugh...

roflmao Gunny you are to easy !! as I said I stand corrected ,but I have sent such things in the past to my fellow brothers in need and ran into no problems now that you have shown the error of why ways I shall just give it to them in person and they can carry it in country with them does that work? lol and as the 8541 pencil as you move up in rank the further you get away from actual performance of the said mos because as a gunny you are not in a platoon more like company gunny for hdqtrs job get supplys for company ie toilet paper, pencils , beans and bullets . and its 0317 now is it not? 8541 is from my time and before that you are a 0311 then ya move to 0369 so yes as ya move up you do become more of a pencil pusher . lol so what did you sign your pg 11 for lol semper fi

They can carry the stuff in country, then it's considered part of the unit's gear and being sent for a totally different "purpose" in the State Department's eyes. It's the mail system that gets you jammed up... There's x-ray machines and all kinds of crap they're running the mail through now. I'm not sure how much they're doing it on the way in, but I've seen more than one package mysteriously disappear over here and others get jammed up for violations of ITAR. I've worked with CID and heard the stories.

I never made it over Platoon Sergeant (CAAT and STA), was then "volun-told" onto recruiting and there isn't much anyone can say about that when you have five years in the fleet. So I did my sentence on the streets and left because they won't force you out of the war zone to "diversify" you when you're a contractor, so I've been working private security in Afghanistan for going on seven years. I left the Corps ('92-'06) before they changed it to 0317, hence the 8541.

And I may or may not have been carrying some unauthorized 7.62 match into places like Egypt, Israel and Jordan while training, but they give you no ammo to protect yourself or your team with. It's funny, post 9/11 they issued the shit to us when we went into Egypt for training...

Keep charging forward devil dog and thanks for continueing the the service some of my marines got out and have been pulling private contract work there since it started .. what ya going to do with all the money ya making lol ... as for the sending stuff I hear ya there was a site american sniper that have mailed alot of said items with no problem but that was when it all started out ... but like ya said things change .. by the way I never liked it when they changed the 8541 to 0317 ... I take it you are from tn ? my hometown is london ky..